Are You In Favor Of The 3D Fad?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 8, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about the 3D fad, and honestly I'm relieved because I thought it was just me. My reasons are: first of all, it's distracting and irritating to have to wear glasses just to watch a visual story, and I think movie studios are spending too much time and money on the visuals rather than making the story better which is what is really important in the first place. Second, I would be less peeved about 3D if we all had our personal glasses, because most of the time I would get glasses which are foggy or blurry probably because of the previous person who wore it. Not to mention it's full of his or her germs that I did not sign up for on getting just to watch a movie. I find the whole thing entirely distracting, uncomfortable and unnecessary and I hope this fad dies out soon and fast.

What are your thoughts on 3D viewing? Do you like it or hate it?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm nearsighted anyway so I don't really get the full 3D effect and usually end up with a headache.
    I can do without all the 3D remakes of movies. I'm not a fan and I don't get what all the fuss is about.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think they should just stop. It's not because adding flying debris to your face that i will watch your latest movie. Just focus on the damn movie itself and not the stuff around it!

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I like watching movies in 3D, but not all the time. Just a few ones which I think would have better effects if seen in 3D (like when I watched the movie Avatar in the theatre). Also, I wouldn't want to have a 3D tv in the house. It's annoying watching wearing glasses everytime I watch a movie.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like if the movie wasn't good in its original format, it won't be any better in 3D. It just seems like an excuse to get us to spend more money.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that the 3D experience is interesting, but it bothers me that it has spread to many blockbuster movies. The producers and directors put all their effort into a battery of special effects and neglect the script and other details, those little details that make the movies into a true art. However, the number of spectators attending these projections shows that this is a relatively successful proposal in the film market. While the coffers of the big studios continue filling with money, bizarre productions like these will continue to occupy the big screen. :confused:

7. gloria7819

gloria7819New Member

Threads:
    I agree with you! I think it is annoying. However, one great thing about fads is that they die off quickly!

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    3d is actually a lot of fun. I'm near sighted too but I manage to work around having 3d glasses on top of my own glasses. I like it because the pictures seem to come out of the screen and things seem to be hurling right at you when there are explosions and stuff. I don't know why some people are against it. If you don't want 3d, then don't watch 3d. It's that simple. 3d gives consumers a choice and you are not mandated to watch it.

The real problem that I see is that there are movies that shouldn't be in 3d but are also releasing it in 3d. Those would really stuck. I think 3d is mainly applicable for Acton/adventure flicks that have lots of explosions.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't like 3D movies. It's annoying, but I am afraid to say that it's here to stay. Many times I leave with a headache. I never considered that being nearsightedness was a factor.

When I was a kid, I enjoyed 3D movies. I loved wearing the glasses and waiting to see what would jump out at me. But 3D was rare. Now, every other movie is in 3D. It takes the fun out of the experience.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I think I only watched 1 movie in 3D (Ice Age 3 I think) and I wasn't impressed. You could barely notice things changing, and that was only during the opening credits - the rest was the same. And the tickets are way too expensive.

11. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    I hate 3D with a passion, any 3D movie I watch, I completely even forget it is 3D after a while it never is that noticeable it just annoys me having to pay an extra pound for the ticket and then also usually I forget my glasses so I have to buy the glasses too for 80p. It makes me furious I always try to get a non 3D showing of the movie because you save so much money!

12. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I often find 3D is unnecessary. I've only seen two 3D films is the past several years. One being Katy Perry: Part of Me and Coraline. I still enjoyed both experiences, but I would have enjoyed 1D just as much. I also don't like paying extra for the glasses either. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to see a 3D film, but I wouldn't avoid it if it was the only way I could see a certain movie. However, that is usually not the case.

13. bargainhunter

bargainhunterMember

Threads:
    I dont like it simply because I have monoclear vision so the glasses dont work! I also think that if a movie has a rubbish plot in 2D then its not going to be any better with an extra dimension. Hopefully the fad will die out and quality over graphics will come to the fore again.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I detest it and can't wait till they stop milking it.

15. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Uhh, guys, if you're really that annoyed with 3D movies, you can just, you know, opt not to watch it and just watch the 2D version, instead? I'm not sure about where you guys live, but where I'm from, regardless of whether that movie has a 3D version or not, there will always be another cinema with the same movie in its 2D version - cheaper and it practically offers the same thing if you guys hate 3D. Just let the studios make their money - it's not bothering much. For instance, a lot of the movies optimized for 3D viewing, like Rise of the Guardians and whatnot, I all watched in their 2D versions - and they were great, optimized to be better in 3D or not.

16. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    3D movies is just another way for the film industry to make us spend more money. I think the effect takes away from the movie especially when wearing the glasses hurt your eyes or force you to take them off. I don't think the 3D effect brings any additional features to the movie. If the film was horrible when it was released in its original format adding 3D to it can only make it worst. I've only watched four 3D movies and I prefer movies without this effect.