Are you "into" designer hand bags? What's your favorite and why?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kinser • May 1, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not typically a "purse" person - I usually buy a good quality leather hand bag and use it until it begins to look worn. I do have one Coach purse I got as a gift years ago, but rarely use it because it's tiny. The purse I use now is a leather Liz Claiborne bag, which I think was around $80. I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars on a bag just for the name, though! I'd definitely buy another larger Coach if I had the extra money to spend, because I love the quality, and I adore leather. I don't think I'd be the type to have a bunch of expensive designer handbags for every occasion, even if I was wealthy, though. I'm just not that "into" purses, I guess. One fairly nice one is adequate for me. Are you crazy about designer hand bags or do you collect them?

2. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few designer handbags that I bought from overseas. I wouldn't buy it from my country because it is always pricier. My sister-in-law works for an airline, which makes it easy for me to buy designer items. I'm happy with the ones I already have and I don't intend to add more to my collection (not any time soon :D). I have two Hermés Birkin bags - black and the other one is Raisin Hermés. Birkin Hermés came out with charms that you can buy to go with the bags, and I chose "Paris in the Air - sail-boat" charm - it's cute! If I'm not mistaken, they produce one charm every one or two years. Black is definitely a must-have colour for any handbag.

Coach is also a favourite of mine and I have one from the Chelsea collection. Another designer bag, which I think a large number of women have is LV Speedy. I love my designer bags but after I read the amount of money women, even men spend on designer bags, I don't think I'm going to make it a habit! What I love about these bags is that it will never go out of style and I can always swap them with my 3 sisters-in-law :)

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm definitely not. You will never see me spend anywhere near that price and most times, I don't even like the way they look, bleh. I understand the quality being good and worth spending more on, but I'm also not the type who wants to use the same purse for the next 20 years, so I'm okay if a cheaper purse starts to show some wear after a year or two. I'd rather spend that same 80 bucks on 5-10 purses than a single one with a name brand logo splattered across it.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really love handbags. They are my favorite fashion accessory. One purse is not enough. I like many pursues in different colors and styles. I also have purses that I only use in the summertime. I don't really focus on the brand name, I go more for quality, style and color. I am fond of Dooney and Bourke handbags. Kate Spade is also a favorite. I think the most I've spent on a purse was around $250. It was well worth it. I got my money's worth. It lasted for many years.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I only have a few designer handbags that I love like the ones from Nine West and Mango.I think they are pretty slick and they don't really cost that much. I wold love to own LV and Burberry purses but they're just too expensive.

6. lynda22

lynda22New Member

Threads:
    I would rather have two or three gorgeous designer bags than several cheaper ones. I have a monogram Coach bag, and a leather Michael Kors bag, which I alternate frequently...although, the Michael Kors one is my favourite because you see so many people with Coach bags nowadays. I have always wanted a Prada bag and a Louis Vuitton monogram bag. If I could have one bag, it would certainly be an Hermes Birkin...they are so elegant and iconic. However, those are pretty much reserved for the wealthy and famous.

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't buy into the designer label hype at all. In Spain, it's possible to buy excellent quality leather bags for very little money, so I tend to buy a nice small one and use it until it falls apart. I'm not really a bags person at all - I have one for every day use and a couple of evening bags that were bought for me as presents, and that's about it. I'd rather spend my money on the clothes than the accessories.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No, I am not "into" designer bags at all. In fact, I love handbags but I just go for one that is made ethically, morally and looks attractive. So, there are people that make them by hand as you can watch, at organic stalls and so forth. Yeah, I am horrified by the industry and how they source their materials and labor. Yuck.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I'm not crazy about designer bags at all. I'd rather go for the average but durable brands. I'd rather splurge the money on electronic gadgets if I was rich.

10. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I really don't care for the designer handbags; as long as it is cute then I will purchase. I feel that way about any item I purchase. A lot of people want to ensure that they purchase a bag that is designer but I never look for that. i probably have several designer items, and don't even know it because I don't pay attention. All I care about is the quality, and the appearance.

11. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really into designer bags. I don't buy bags just because of its brand name. I buy bags because of the designs and the usefulness it can give me. And besides, with the cost of these designer bags, I can buy lots of smartphones already! I'd rather buy smartphones than designer bags.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am not in the budget to buy very expensive designer bags but at the same time I do like window shopping.
    My favorite bag at the moment is the Longchamp Planetes tote and I use this bag almost everyday. it is very spacious and portable.
    I love how easy it is to clean because the material is nylon. I hope that one day I can own a Chanel bag. That would be a dream.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a bag spaz. I have too many, every type and size and I buy one almost every time I go out lol. BUT, I don't follow fads and I make a conscious effort to stay away from "designer", big names etc. I definitely don't like following the crowd and looking like everyone else. I get asked about my bags all the time.. far more than my girlfriends and their faddy bags lol. That isn't the reason I choose them, but it's funny.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am not into designer anything. I feel this way, if it looks good and is good quality then I will buy it. I don't believe in spending unnecessary money for anything especially someone's name because that is what you are buying. So I can keep that money in my pocket and spend it on something that I need.

15. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I'm CRAZY about designer bags. I constantly buy designer purses when my budget allows for it. It's like a hobby for me. At one point I was stuck on Coach bags. Mostly the Poppy line or Signature Duffle. Now I'm pining after a green Prada bucket bag with the matching wallet. I could also go for a Love Moschino tote bag!

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    If someone is going to invest in something like a designer purse or something of that type, they should buy them when they go on sale instead of throwing your hard earned money away. I don't do designer, I feel just as nice with a purse made very nice and looks good.