Are you more of a cat or dog person?

Discussion in Pets started by kitchencatlover • Aug 12, 2014.

1. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    Personally I am a cat person (obviously lol). I just love how they are so needy but still want you occasionally. My husband says I act like a cat so maybe that has something to do with it lol. Who knows?

2. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a cat person all the way. I have 5. I love that cats are independent yet very loving, and very clean pets.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Neither of them. It is not that I do not like them but it is the job of taking care of them that freaks me out. Imagine you have to take care of as if it is a child. But in general, I might just go with the dog on this one. Dogs are great since you can play with them. This is not the same when it comes to cats which are a bit docile.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was a superstitious person and I'd heard tales about cats being a harbinger of evil. That's probably the reason why I don't like cats that much. A kitten I could stand but the moment it outgrew that stage [of cuteness] I lose my affection for it.

Same applies to dogs. I hate adult dogs but like their puppies.

I don't know what it is with me but I never can bring myself to like any 'adult' dog or cat.

5. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I like cats, but I am definitely more of a dog person. Dogs are so loyal and protective of their people. Plus, they are a joy to have around. They can be so goofy and silly, and it is always fun to play with them. I can always sneak in a little extra exercise by taking the dog on a walk.

6. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I used to hate cats. But about 4 months ago, I adopted a stray cat and I have since been a cat lover. I never imagined myself taking care of a cat, especially one that I didn't really plan to have. My cat is very sweet, although it gets annoying when she doesn't stop following me around.

7. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a dog person rather than a cat, although I have both animals as pets but mostly dogs. The problem I have with cats is that, well, they're not too friendly, I mean sure my cats are sweet and cuddly but sometimes they're just jerks really. As for dog's, they're always ready for your attention.

8. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    I am a cat person for sure. I have owned two cats for around 13 years and love them. They have been with me through think and thin and I really cannot imagine not having them around. That said, this year my wife bought a Dachshund dog and I really enjoy it. It is nice to have a pet that is happy when I come home and doesn't just want me for food then run off hehe

Also the nightly walks are doing me wonders, I need some exercise and the dog is a good excuse to get some. But still a cat person foremost!

9. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely a cat person. While I don't hold a grudge against dogs and dog owners, I simply don't like them as much as I love cats. The cats act like they are the most important beings on the planet. The dogs, however, think that their owner is the most important person on earth. Here's what they think: Cats: "This person feeds me, plays with me and gives me shelter, therefore I am god." Dogs: "This person feeds me, plays with me and gives me shelter, therefore he is god.". I didn't think of the clever joke myself, it is an old one I heard about a long time ago and wanted to share it with you. :)

10. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I guess more of a dog person, just because I've had more dogs in my lifetime than I have cats (I've had 5 dogs, and one cat) but I still love cats just as much! I currently just have two chihuahua puppies, but sometime in the distant future, I would like to get a cat again. I miss having a snuggle buddy.

11. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've always considered myself a cat person, growing up I've always had cats. But a few years ago I adopted a dog then a puppy wandered into the yard, and I guess I became a dog person lol. But to be honest, part of me still prefers cats in a way just because they're more low maintenance.

12. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I never really liked cats. I mean sure they're cuddly but, I don't know, they just seem so smug. I'm more of a dog person, although not the dog person who loves cute dogs, I like dog's that look like monsters, like really big fearsome dogs, guard dogs and stuff. I don't know, maybe because I'm alone most of the time so I really need someone to guard me when I'm asleep.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always been a cat person and my art is mostly cat paintings. But a couple of years ago when my ex's mom went senile, I took in her small dog because she couldn't take care of him and he had nowhere else to go. Even though I identify as a cat person, I couldn't turn my back on a senior dog in need of a home. It's nice to have a little dog sitting on the couch with us when we watch movies.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like both and have had to get close to both cats and dogs as pets while growing up but as I grow older and more in tune with my own preferences, I think I'd have to say that I lean towards liking cats a bit more. Dogs are cool for the affection they give but they can be a bit hard to manage because they always need attention whereas a cat can just be quiet and be left in their own world.

15. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I find cats very cute. But I like dogs more. I love how mine would jump with joy when I'm home. Also, they are very loyal as you may already know. Certain qualities of dogs make them better than cat, for me atleast.

16. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm all for cats. I love dogs too but not nearly as much as I love cats. I think cats are really cute, whenever I see a cat I can't help but smile. I can look at what cats do all day without feeling bored. Cats are also very intelligent animals that don't require much supervision. All they need is the occasional scratch and love and food of course. I also have dogs that I absolutely love like inu shiba and pomeranian.

17. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a both person! Had both throughout my entire childhood and never really "took a side" in the whole cats vs dogs debate. I guess I just never had a reason to favor one over the other as I never had any bad experiences with cats or dogs or am not allergic to either etc. Other peoples dogs are a lot more fun to visit though as they'll most of the time be excited to meet a new person.

18. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    I am most definitely a cat person, although I do love dogs and have had great relationships with dogs in the past. But I don't like the idea of animals being dependent on humans in general. If something were to happen to the owner, dogs have a much harder time surviving than cats do. The exception is if the dog can find a group of dogs to join up with. Cats on the other hand are completely capable of being independent. Some people think that they are rude, aloof or even dumb, but that isn't the case. They are just independent. But they are still just as capable as any dog of being loving and affectionate.

19. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a dog person but i do prefer large breed dogs. I don't like cats. I think they're really creepy. When i was kid, i caught this black cat staring at me like it's plotting my demise, that experience alone ruined me for all things cat. I just can't stand them. I'm not gonna lie, kittens are extremely cute but I'm never going to get a pet cat ever. Dog's are the best pet ever. They're called 'man's bestfriend' for a reason. :rolleyes:

20. donding

dondingNew Member

Threads:
    I consider myself to be more of a dog person. I like the fact that they are always a little goofy looking with their tongue hanging down their partially open mouths; I like that they are always ready to play whenever I feel like I am up to it; I like that dogs can actually engage in sports with me. If only dogs were as easy to maintain as cats, then I would be all set! :)