Are You Ready To Restore Your Computer If Something Goes Wrong?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by ohiotom76 • Sep 18, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently discovered that the "OneKey System Restore" on my Lenovo desktop system somehow got damaged or corrupted over the past year. Basically the backup to restore my system back to factory default settings, which was sitting on a separate partition on my hard drive, somehow became inaccessible and the recovery software somehow got deleted or uninstalled from my computer. I may have accidentally done that when cleaning up some files and old programs. Long story short, the recovery files where on a partition that I could not see or access any more.

To make matters worse, I was recently out of my warranty as well, so if I needed to reformat my computer I was kind of screwed. Even if I had to buy a new copy of Windows, it still wouldn't come with all the default drivers that I needed for my system - which could become a real pain in the butt when you are dealing with touch screen monitors, bluetooth mouse and keyboards, etc...

Thankfully I was able to get a response on their forums and they found a way to recover the missing partition. At least I now know how I can restore my system going forward, so I'm not out of business for several days.