Are You Still Using Paypal Now That It Has Increased It's Charges?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by littlewitch66 • Jun 3, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    As many people will know Paypal recently increased it's charges which caused a bit of a stir. I still find it the easiest payment processor even though I have tried others.

Will you continue to use it in spite of the charges or have you been looking around for other payment processors?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am curious as to what the charges are now. I am not really familiar with any that come out of my account but I now I have to go back and look at everything. Is it a monthly charge? Just to have an account?

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I had idea that PayPal has recently increased their charges so I have to take a look. Well even so, I'll still be using it since it's the only online payment service that I trust and is widely used (I know there are others but I haven't really tried any of them yet). I just hope that their charges aren't that huge so it won't be much of a hassle for me.

4. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it's not like anyone has a choice, Paypal is and i believe will stay the most relevant as well as the most known and used payment processor in the world right now. As for my experience their customer support has been amazing.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still think it's competitive and it's safer in the long run. Charges are generally for those in business or where the fees are paid by the buyer. At the end of the day, using a bank is much more expensive and with PayPal the transactions are very quick. To have something that is safe and quick is worth paying a small percentage for.

6. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332 It's a currency conversion charge increase from 2.5 to 3 % on top of the exchange rate established by PayPal's bank. This means customers will pay 3% more than the bank's currency conversion difference when exchanging money internationally. These changes took place in March for the US and April for the UK.

A few people have been looking at other payment processors because of this increase although I will probably still use it.

#6Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well I really have no choice, because the sites that I work on and buy from use Paypal. But in fairness to Paypal, I'm satisfied with their service, so the small increase is neglible in exchange for good customer service.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I still use it as most site use paypal as their only payment method. I haven't really tried any other so I can't compare but I know paypal is most trusted and used. I hope their charges are not too high or I will have to change for some sites with other options. But to my understand they haven't increased to my, I hope.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use papal and have their debit mastercard and I'm not charged any fees. I get paid and the payments go to paypal-no charge whatsoever, so I like paypal. I also have payoneer, because that's how cash is paid with to payoneer. I've the payoneer debit mastercard too which was free for both payoneer and paypla, but payoneer charges for auto payments from companies, .95. It's okay, for I got both and paypal hasn't charged me anything, my personal account is all free. :D

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still using Paypal in spite the increase in charges because it remains the cheapest and most convenient way to receive money internationally. In addition, it's the payment processor that's common to all earning sites I'm into. I am really just wondering why no company has ever come close to matching Paypal's services and fees. A real competition would likely drive charges down. As it is, Paypal isn't just earning from their regular services, they're also profiting from currency exchange. I do trust Paypal, though, and I've had no problems with them from day one.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I wasn't aware that Paypal had increased their fees. I am thinking, however, that it would probably not be that high to make me want to stop using this payment processor. I think the benefits of security that Paypal give when compared to other payment processors may just justify staying with them instead of moving to alternate processing sites.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    There is no alternative to paypal. There are of course other payment processors for instance payza, neteller, skrill etc. however, these payment options are not available every where. For example, if you buy on ebay, you can pay with paypal or card. You cannot use other payment processors. Even though paypal increased fees, people will continue to use paypal

13. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard about PayPal's increased charges, but I think it is the same for my country, as the charges are always quite high.Despite of the high charges, it is still the most convenient online payment processor for me to make payment online and there's no charges for me to transfer the money from PayPal to my bank account too. So, I'll still be using PayPal.

14. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if Paypal has increased its charges for India, but even if they did, I think I would stick with them. Firstly because it is the easiest payment processor and secondly, they are safe and secure and very competitive and professional. I also have good experience with their customer care as I have received satisfying and quick replies whenever I approached them with any query. They are good people to work with.

15. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    @nangk08@nangk08 It did increased the fee for the Indians. As you can see currency conversion rates are low with paypal. Also the transaction cost is higher now. On the other hand you can have payoneer and bank transfer from most of the freelance sites. So there does not seem to be need for paypal anymore. In past paypal was necessary evil. But today people don't have that limitations anymore.

#15Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  16. littlewitch66

Threads:
    Having tried other payment processors I have to say I really miss it on sites that I can't use it as an option any more. I will happily pay their increased charges just for the simplicity of using it. I've tried Neteller, Payza and Circle but I still prefer Paypal and would rather drop the sites that don't offer it any more.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I heard that PayPal increased their charges sometime ago but I must say I have not actually noticed the changes when I receive money through PayPal where the receiver pays the charges. I have been trying to arrive at the formula they use when deducting their charges, still on it. PayPal is one of the most trusted company for online transactions and going by the millions using their services satisfactorily they should be fair with the charges and let both parties give good nod.

18. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still use Paypal and it is one of the most convenient means of transactions for international payments. I have heard that people who switched over to Payza suffered a loss because the charges were quite higher than the Paypal. Another alternative I have been using is Payoneer which is quite reasonable.