Are You Taking Advantage Of May Sales?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by ACSAPA • Apr 29, 2015.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every season, certain items go on sale. In May, the items that are on sale are barbecue meats, hot dogs, grilling charcoal, grills, barbecue sauce and condiments, and gardening items like plants and potting soil.
    It's spring and it's grilling season.Are you stocking up on barbecue stuff and gardening supplies at the sales?

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up on May sales. I tend to forget about all the discounts that are available this time of year! We have already bought some potting soil, but we will probably need more, and I'll be keeping my eyes open for the other stuff.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I am not stocking up on that stuff at all. I was at the store a couple weeks back and the sparkling water I buy was on sale for $3.49 (usually $4-5+ depending on where you get it) so I bought two cases. Later I went back and bought two more! I'm halfway through the second case now and hoping for another sale soon.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Don't forget about Cinco de Mayo sales! All things Tex-Mex, discounted in the US for (what I've read) is a nonexistent mexican holiday. Haha!

We have definitely taken advantage of Memorial day sales in the past, including a new grill and a new lawn mower. Thankfully this year we don't have any major needs. It is nice not to be scouring best prices for once.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Home Depot had a good sale a couple of weeks ago on Bonnie herb plants. I bought a cilantro plant for $2 and a couple of other herbs. Dollar Tree's sister store Deals has big bags of chicken tenders and wings for $5. They also have little glass top patio tables for $10 and small barbecue grills for $12. If you need small patio furniture or grilling stuff, this is the time of year to get it. I also saw the tortilla chips and Cinco De Mayo stuff on sale at Walmart.
    Once this season is over, in a couple of months it'll be time for back to school sales. This year is flying by.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July celebration and stock up on the after holiday sales items to have on hand for next year. I don't have room to save a lot of stuff at the moment.