Are you taking advantage of post-Christmas clothing sales?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Dec 27, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Are you taking advantage of post-Christmas clothing sales?

Clothing and other goods go on sale right after Christmas. Retailers are trying to get them off their shelves. I normally like to buy items during this period, especially in the month of January when the store sales dry up.

th?id=H.4771838732404983&pid=15.

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I am also one that likes to take advantage of these deals. I'm thinking of stocking up on items for presents for next year's Christmas :D I found some pretty great deals yesterday during the boxing day rush, though I don't think most of them were worth the line ups, I'm going to check them out again today because the lines won't be as long. I bought some awesome things from Victoria Secret :eek:

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, to me that the best time to christmas shop I gave gift cards this year, but I have several relatives that have birthdays on New Years Day so yeah for me I get to get them some great gifts, I have been online also and they have some really great deal online to. Im just gonna take 200.00 and just budget it and shop. Kmart , walmart, online stores like amazon,ebay, and nomoreracks have great sales.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The malls are still overcrowded after Christmas until New Year, so I still avoid going to the mall around that time. But if ever I happen to be at the mall and I see a sale and the clothes are to my liking, then I buy them.

5. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I do. I try to save as much the whole year just so I can buy all the things I like come Christmas. Good heavens malls have extended their operating hours until 12 midnight. it gives a whole lot meaning to shopping til midnight.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't taken advantage of the post-Christmas sales. I was window shopping with my friend today. We walked past Nordstrom's Rack. They appeared to be having a great sale. I think I will go back after services tomorrow. I like to shop alone.

7. jessicak2

jessicak2Banned

Threads:
    Awesome collection I'm interested in this I want to buy this.

8. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely am! I went shopping on December 26th and bought a new jacket and a pair of shoes for 60 and 70% off, both ended up costing me less than the jacket would the week before :D

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been shopping already with my wife, I bought two pairs of jeans with 30% off and I've also changed some clothing I received for Christmas that I didn't like or didn't fit. I think the sales are the best, we just have to wait for those times in the year that we know that things will be cheaper, there's really not much science in it. As far as clothes are concerned we only pay more if we want to.

10. coupon-sue

coupon-sueNew Member

Threads:
    If I can I like to take advantage of the sales. I like to get birthday gifts at cheaper prices :)

11. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    Yes, at first I did take advantage of all the great deals that was available after christmas. However lately I have been wishing there would be a great sale or something coming around the corner. I could really use a good sale at the moment. I need to restock my closet with some of the big brands.

12. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I always take advantage of the after Christmas sales on clothing. At this point of the year stores are looking to clear out their winter apparel to make way for spring items. This is one of the best times to purchase clothing at discounted rates.

Sales typically die down after the holidays so stores offer promotions to start off the new year with a higher sales then previous years.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends entirely on where someone lives. In some countries I've heard prices of almost everything get hiked up around Christmas time because that's when most people are eager to spend the money they've been saving all year long. For me I never buy clothes around Christmas time because I usually get lots of clothes as Christmas gifts.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We always take advantage of the January sales, even though we've observed that a lot of clothing retailers take this chance to get rid of all their rubbish, including stuff from a few seasons ago LOL Sadly, the sales here aren't nearly as good as the UK sales. We've actually considered putting money aside if we have any to spare, to shop on UK online stores instead of here :)

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sure hope so! It will all depend on how much money I have left at the end of all Christmas gift shopping! I'm also going on a cruise with my fiance so I need to save some money for that. But depending on the prices I look forward to places like Zara, which always have awesome sales post-Christmas!

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will be taking advantage of the sales this year. I need to get some things for myself and I want to get the best deal possible to make my money go farther since I need to get so much. I will be getting personal items and household items for my new home.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is actually my most favorite time to shop. The prices during this time are insanely low and probably even lower compared to the holiday season discounts because as you've mentioned retailers want to get rid of their items as much and as fast as possible so I think it is a good thing to take advantage. The only downside is that for the on sale items it might be a bit harder to dig through the rummage and find the hidden gems sold for very cheap but they are there and I consider hunting for them an adventure anyway so I don't mind that much even when the choices aren't as varied as during the holiday season sales.

18. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't remember buying clothes are the Christmas sale. It can be expected that clothes on sale for the holidays are crumpled and partly soiled due to the many customers prospecting those clothes. In effect, those clothes on Christmas sale are like used clothes. You cannot count the hands that touched those clothes not to mention the fitting it had undergone.

19. Lupa06

Lupa06New Member

Threads:
    I am one of those crazy individuals who are out shopping the day after Christmas. Over the last few years, my husband and I stopped buying each other Christmas gifts and decided that we probably could find the items we really want much cheaper. So this is our tradition and so far we have saved significantly on items, and end up with more than we planned for our budget. Now we have twin girls so shopping after Christmas for clothing for them is on top of our list.

I am an overall a frugal shopper, therefore, taking advantage of the amazing sales after the holidays get me exhilarated.