Are You Tempted To Buy More Than You Need?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by littlewitch66 • Jul 12, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I deliberately avoid going shopping unless I am desperate because I know that I will come out of a shop with far more than I need.

I can rarely stick to the essentials and sometimes I will go into a shop for a specific item and forget it but leave with items I hadn't planned to buy.

Do you ever do this or are you a disciplined shopper?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I learned to be disciplined because eventually you got to pay for your purchases. I'd rather have the money in hand. I have weekly ads that I check and I'll buy only what I need. I'll window shop more checking prices and checking my wish list items. Like today I went to Walmart after I checked their big sale online and found some needed t-shirts so cheap 2.82, so I got 2 of them today. I learned it and now will keep the money in hand and buy when needed.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I have this problem with computer 3D art stuff. Basically, if I go on such a website with a full credit card, I will go broke fast. Note, in reality, I only need maybe one or two models, but the shopping is so much fun that I cannot stop. Anyway, though, the times where I'd have enough to do that thing are not very often.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I am an impulsive buyer so as with my wife. But we have learned a great lesson that all those things we bought are only a waste of money. We couldn't use them. They are just a luxury to satisfy our wants. They are not our needs. This time we go shopping we bring along with us list of items that we need, that we are going to buy. In case, we can save and control our impulsive buying attitude. In short, we have been disciplined.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I always buy snacks and sodas even when I don't plan to buy one or even some department store items that I don't need, even online. That's why I don't like entering a store, since it's certain that I will buy things that I don't need once I have extra money.