Are you too lazy to walk to the recycling bin?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Dora M • Jul 18, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not far from my flat, perhaps 500 metres away, there are three big recycling bins. One is for paper, one for glass, and the third one is for plastic. It really isn't a lot of trouble to walk down the street and recycle your garbage in an environmentally friendly way, yet every night the garbage bin outside my block is overflowing with plastic bags filled with paper, cardboard, bottles, etc. All mixed together with food scraps and other rubbish. A lot of these bags contain tetra packs that have not been deflated, hence taking up a lot of room and filling enormous amounts of plastic bags. And not just that. The bags that don't fit into the bin get deposited around the bin, where animals often rip them apart, and everything outside the entrance to the building is covered with disgusting things. Why are people so blind, careless and lazy? Is there a real excuse?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's no excuse for that but most people lack self-discipline. Unless someone is standing over them instructing them to do something in a certain way, they certainly won't do anything right. So I wouldn't pin such behavior on laziness. It's these people's upbringing that was all wrong. For every bad thing you see happening blame in on the parents who raised that person.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it may not be the parent, it could be the lack of parent. People nowadays are lazy and just want to do things fast without care or consideration for others. This sounds very similar. Perhaps if you see them you should mention something to them. Or complain to the office of your flat, perhaps they're willing to send out a notice. I know my apartment doesn't do recycling, but people will pile up the trash until it is in the driveway of the apartments. It is disgusting and embarrassing, especially when people come over and are like "Oh my gosh."

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Never, I think recycling is one of the easiest things we can do to help the environment so I will happily do it. It drives me crazy when I see people throw something in a trashcan that should be recycled. In my city they can ticket people who do not recycle...rarely happens because the city is too big for the few ppl who are in charge of this.