Are you using all the perfume before buying another?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by prettycolors • Jul 2, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few female friends that have the habit of constantly buying new perfume brands/bottles before they finish the one they already have. Sure, one or two kinds of perfume are perfectly fine to have, but over 10 kinds? A waste! Good lasting perfume tends to cost a fortune, why not use it all before buying another?

What about you?

2. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I agree, it is such a waste of money, to buy a new bottle of perfume that often. I actually forget to use my perfume. When I buy perfume, I buy the cheap perfumes. I don't see the point in buying a very expensive perfume when most people don't make the difference.

3. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    I tend to fall in love with one smell and stick with it for a long time.

The only time I will change is if I happen to come among something better, but I don't really go looking.

However if I do find something new, I don't just throw away my old one, before it is done.

4. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Well, for starters, I don't spend a fortune on perfume. I prefer a few high-end perfumes but for the most part, I stick with Bath & Body Works sprays and perfumes. I like their fragrances because they are light and playful. If I see a new scent out and I like it, I will usually pick up a bottle especially if its on sale. When it comes to replacing a scent I already have, I will obviously wait until its empty or almost there. Perfume lasts a long time even if you use it everyday. One or two sprays usually does the trick!

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't buy perfumes, I got my small perfume collection from gifts only and fortunately I have 2 favorites from my collection which I use alternately depending on my mood. Just like Josh, I also tend to stick with a certain scent for a very long time. I don't like strong perfumes, I prefer "citrus-y" and fruity scents and those that will leave you smelling like you just stepped out from the shower. :)

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend not to finish colognes and perfumes before buying new ones because I like having a collection and also, I like having a lot of different choices of scent each day. If I forced myself to finish each bottle then I'd only ever get to change my scent rarely, but if I had 10 to choose from then I could have a different one everyday and they all will eventually run out just the same anyway and it's not like they spoil or lose their strength after a certain amount of time. Perfumes have a long shelf life, so I don't mind stocking up on them.

7. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I tend to get bored of the perfume I use pretty quickly and like to change it up for every season, you really can't wear the same floral scent that was great in the summer during the winter as well, it just doesn't work. However, I do see your problem with wasting good money on expensive perfume if you don't plan on using all of it, what I usually do is get smaller bottles of perfume from Nordstrom, so I don't have to pay as much for a great scent and by the time I get sick of the perfume, I've probably used all of it!

8. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I buy perfume only when the last drop is gone. I cannot waste any of it, because that stuff is expensive. Even the "cheap" stuff isn't really all that cheap, well that smells good anyway. I will use it and use it and shake it to get the last few spritz. Only then do I throw it away. I will not waste anything.

I have friends that do that too. They'll have like 7 bottles of perfume and I am sitting there thinking; "What are you doing?" But, if they want to waste money it is their money to waste.

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I am guilty of buying new perfume before my old ones runs out. If they are having a sell and Im scared that I may not catch it again in sale I go ahead and buy it right then and there. That would be my excuse of buying lol

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not bought perfume for quite some time now because I have a stock of them at home given by my relatives from abroad. I actually forget to use them when I go out so they last longer than they're supposed to. I'm actually not fond of buying expensive perfumes, I find it to be a waste of money since I prefer spending my money on tangible things.

11. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I am so guilty of doing this and it really is so wasteful. I actually just went through my perfume and got rid of at least 5 or 6 expensive perfumes because I had them for so long and I think the fragrance changed a bit. I don't think I have ever used more than 25% of a bottle of a perfume because I always find something I like more. I would love to have a signature scent but haven't found it yet.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't necessarily end one bottle before buying a new one, however I do have a small collection of perfumes and don't buy new ones if I have too many open. Right now I have 4 open bottles, 3 are at home and one at my mom's.

13. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually a good question. Its been so long since I've worn perfume but when I did I usually would like to just wear one at a time. You have friends that will have 10 different scents at a time? That seems a bit excessive. But to each his own I guess, if they like to have variety in the scents then so be it. That would be a bit much for me though.

14. TerrillLouis

TerrillLouisNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with you and I also buy new perfume after finishing the my old ones. I think, It's totally waste of money.

15. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. The only reason why is because I found a few perfumes that I enjoy. So, I habitually use them. Normally, I rotate between each fragrance. Anyone who where's perfume regularly knows you get used to the smell and then you can't smell what you're wearing at all.

My favorite brand is Calvin Klein. I never really got into his clothes. The perfume hooked me though and I have been buying it for years.

My favorite . . .
    OBSESSION_Women__4aeec945bf069.

16. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, perfumes are not cheap. They are expensive so I would rather finish off one bottle first before having a new one. Besides I maintain just one perfume.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy perfumes. I mostly get them as gifts. Many of the ones I have are cheap but they do fine. I have like 10 different ones to choose from and I don't really use perfume that much. Perfumes are nice but I don't really get obsessed about them. The only one I can say I absolutely love is Britney's Fantasy (not the Circus) line which I do have and I don't plan to buy any if she has new ones on her line because it's too expensive.