Are You Very Particular About Buying Organic Vegetables And Fruits?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by luckycharm • Jan 4, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Pesticides and chemical fertilizers are mainly the items which increase the cost of production so the local governments are providing seeds, educating and help them making self sufficient in how to make compost using their own resources like waste vegetation and animal metabolic waste which is supposed to be the best source of fertilizer. They are also being taught to safeguard their produce from insects and other harmful animals. Besides the governments have set noddle agencies that help these farmers selling their produce to whole sellers without involvement of mediators.

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I see. I am not an expert in agriculture, even if I have read a couple of books on biological farming, and I thought that it's more expensive to rebuild the soil biologically than buying pesticides and chemicals to make production faster. Composting is actually the best for organic production.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    No, I am not particular about buying organic vegetables and fruits. We buy whatever we get. They are fresh and of good quality. We do not know whether they are organic or not.

4. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    During the spring, summer, fall we work on a CSA that is all organic for a big box of veggies every week (we work about 4-6 hours a week, we enjoy it). We eat fresh veggie all week the what is left at the end of the week I blanch and freeze for the winter months to use in soup and as side dishes. We do buy some veggies and fruit but normal I buy what is cheapest if it has a thick skin. During the winter my husband works at the CSA only about 3 hours a week for turkey, honey and eggs etc.