Around the house clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mayvin • Aug 23, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    What do you like to wear around The House? Do you wear ragidy stuff you wouldn't want any one to see you in lol? Or do you try to still look as cute as you can. I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt but they'll be jeans that are a bit more worn that I wouldn't wear outside.

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a true sister at heart. What I love to wear around the house are long kaftans (ethnic tunics). Right now, I am wearing one that also has a matching head scarf.

Besides being comfortable, they're elegant. For a woman, they're the next best thing to wearing lingerie. You don't look slouchy and if guest come over, you don't have to change clothes.

Here's an example . . .

african-motif-kaftan.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm at home and not expecting any visitors/friends then I will just wear something that I usually wear - a shirt and shorts (the kind that almost just above the knee). I want to be comfortable as I can at home because I'm doing chores from time to time. :)

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At home I always wear a loose t-shirt or sweatshirt and yoga pants or sweat pants unless I am expecting someone.
    During the day I make sure it is okay if I need to answer the door to the postman or anyone, but in the evening I am more casual even lounging in a dressing gown if I am alone in the house.
    I prefer to go barefoot in the house to allow my feet to rest, it feels freer and is actually better for the feet.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I'm at home, I'm cleaning most of the time, since I have pets and a kid who's clumsy and spills things. So I usually wear a t shirt that I don't mind getting bleach or cleaning products on and a pair of shorts and bare feet. It's hot most of the time in Miami, so fancier/more clothes wouldn't be practical.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Around where I live, I have to dash in and out of the house to check on things [ I live on a farm so yeah, my animals depend on me] and for that reason since I have to be dressed for work — Jeans, boots and some kind of jacket. That's how I dress most of the time [during the day]. If it wasn't for the extra work, I'd simply wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt around the house.

7. Kendra70422

Kendra70422New Member

Threads:
    I used to wear just about anything around the house, if I was just coming from a party I would keep my outfit for that day on all day long but now I have changed my routine for the way I dress. After attending events such as Church, parties, and etc I now change into comfortable clothes such as a pair of slouchy shorts and a tank top or a small dress. Doing this makes me feel comfortable and like I own my house. I love it!

8. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear older tshirts that I wouldn't wear out anymore. Like if a fav tee gets a small hole or stain I keep it to wear around the house. And for bottoms I like to steal my partners draw string shorts, or wear cotton biker shorts or sweatpants. It doesn't make sense for me being well dressed at home when no one can see me. I don't have a big wardrobe and I rather save my nicer clothes for going out only so I don't have to wash them so often and they last longer.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear casual work out type clothes around the house. In the summer I wear yoga pants or running shorts on the bottom and in the winter I tend to wear fleece pants or sweatpants. I usually wear an older t-shirt as a top. Recently I would pick a few shirts per season and just wear them like crazy and then toss them when the seasons change. It's been a great way for me to continue to pare down my wardrobe and not feel guilty about getting rid of things.

10. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Depends really. Most of the time I will just wear an over-sized t-shirt and some pajama pants, but on hot days like today, I wore shorts and a t-shirt. I'm not really one for looking "cute as can be" when I'm not going anywhere. I mean, I went out today, but as soon as I got home I washed all my makeup off and slipped back into comfortable clothing. ha.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like wearing a silk button up shirt and shorts. The reason is that it gets really hot here so I can't wear anything too thick or heavy and also the silk feels really good on my skin. The cool fabric helps a lot because otherwise I'd be sweating a lot if the material I was wearing was any thicker.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm very laid back around the house and tend to wear a t-shirt and boxers most of the time. I remember one of my favorite t-shirts was one that I had for years prior and was so thin I could just as well have been wearing nothing. It was all torn up and I looked like a hobo, but it was the most comfortable shirt I had. I don't remember what happened to that shirt, but I wish I could find it again. It's probably in the trash somewhere by now though.

13. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    If it's hot I'm in shorts and a t-shirt, if it's a bit colder then it's a tracksuit and a t-shirt. If it gets really cold I put on a hoodie on top of that.

To be honest I dress like that most of the time. Living in a small village has that benefit where you can go to a store in your shorts and no one will mind or speak bad about you. Of course, when I'm heading to something a little bit more serious, I dress for the occasion.

14. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahahaha. I love wearing my short shorts and oversize T-shirt. Some of my oversize T-Shirts have holes in them so needless to say, I wouldn't want to be caught outside in it. I don't even think about looking cute around my home because I am inside my sanctuary, minding my business. My friend is someone who always has to be so cute around the house, which I personally find silly. If you're not having company over and it's just you, why bother playing dress up? Oh well, that's my opinion.

15. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I wear the usual culprits: some shorts and a t-shirt. The shorts are either cut form long pants or a pair that got worn out a bit too much. Same goes for the t-shirts, in the house I wear the ones that I've stopped using when going out. Using my old clothes instead of buying more pairs to wear in the house gives a purpose to clothes I once liked and saves me some cash. And I'm pretty sure that most people do the same.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually wear an old skirt with a t-shirt or blouse. I don't throw away my clothes that are no longer presentable to be worn in public. Clothes with spots that I can't remove or small holes are perfect. I keep them just for wearing around the house. No shoes. I like to go barefoot. I will wear socks if it's cold outside.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live by myself, so I don't really care a lot about what I wear when I'm home. I'm usually wearing sweatpants and a tank top, or plain shirt. At night I just wear pajamas, which ever one is easier for me to grab. I don't wear anything fancy or cute. I just wear what ever is more comfortable!

18. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    When I am at home, I like to wear comfortable clothing. I have alot of tank tops and shorts that I get in bulk from target. I wouldn't say that I am "fashionable" when lounging around at home. However, I do like to get cute comfortable clothes to wear.

19. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Around the house, I wear tees and shorts in the summer and tees and yoga pants or sweat pants in the winter. I want to be comfortable when I am home, but I like to wear comfy clothes that are somewhat cute. I always go for colorful tees in pretty colors or with pretty prints.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unless I am expecting visitors, I wear my raggedy or modest looking clothes all the time. They consist of the decent looking ones to the faded and the ones with tears or holes. Most of them are also loose, and I feel quite comfortable wearing them.