Article About Exercise And Fat Loss

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by olorien • Oct 16, 2012.

1. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I recently ran across this blog about how different exercise affects fat loss. I think the trend in exercise has been going in this direction, and it's what I have been doing lately. I have to agree that the hormonal effect of exercise is a key, especially for women and fat loss. Here is the link:

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was walking about 45 minutes to an hour every day, I lost some weight but the weight lose was not what I wanted and it did not seem to be moving. I had to start walking to the library everyday which is 3 miles away from my house, so that's 6 miles round trip. The increased length of the walk and the up hill most of the return trip has resulted in a lose of 10lbs. I will continue to walk the additional 6 miles to continue to lose an additional 10lbs.

3. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I am in the process of losing weight, it is a must, for health reasons. So far I have lost about 20 pounds, and I have noticed the difference in my stamina. I have a long way to go. So I appreciate your posting this article by link, this should be helpful. So I thank you very much.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Great information there... I love to walk in the park.. for me it is pleasure and exercise combined... I do see many people make it into a vigorous exercise... I have been chiding myself to do this.. But I guess this article tells that walking shouldn't be considered an exercise... it is a must... That sounds like music to my ears. I don't want to stress myself out either.. LOL :)

5. DomDom

DomDomNew Member

Threads:
    I lost around 45 lbs when I was younger. Its hard and takes a long time but if you are at it just keep going, its the only way to make it! At the end when you see the results of your hard work you will be very very happy and satisfied. Its one of the best things i did in my life. You can start by walking regularly and then start running adding exercises, and maintain a good diet!

6. thriftymama

thriftymamaNew Member

Threads:
    Just came across this thread and as I have put on 20lb+ in the last year or so I now thinking about setting myself a weight loss target and start doing some the exercises listed in the posts. You are certainly right, when you reach your target weight you certainly feel much better in yourself.