Artificial Turf - Is it cheaper?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by GemmaRowlands • Aug 25, 2014.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I am currently in the process of buying a new home, and have been thinking about getting artificial turf for my garden. I am not the type of person who enjoys gardening, and this is why it is something that I have been considering for a long time now. However, I am wondering about the costs. I know the cost of buying the turf, but I am more interested in hearing about how to keep it looking nice. Do you have to do much to it, or is it really as simple as putting it in and then leaving it?

I would love to hear from anybody who has had experience in this field (if you will pardon the pun) as I don't want to do it and then regret it later on!

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly I don't have a clue about artificial turf. I even Googled it first and found out that it's actually artificial grass that's being use in sports playing field like football. Personally, I will not use any fake grass/plants outside the home. I know how it's hard to maintain real grass but there are some grass varieties that are low maintenance like this one here >>

I think it's more beautiful (and of course natural) to have real lawn grass instead of artificial ones. You still have to do some maintenance for the artificial turf so why not get the low maintenance real grass instead? Just my opinion though. :)