As Seen On Tv: Pressure Cooker

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by NinetyEighty1 • Jun 30, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I was curious to know how many of your actually bought a pressure cooker and what your experience on it was? I was always tempted to buy one and still plan on buying one in the near future but wanted to here if other people are satisfied with it and it lives up to their expectations.

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I use a pressure cooker. I have many pressure cooker of various sizes. There are many benefits of using pressure cooker. When you cook in pressure cooker, you save time. Since food in pressure cooker cooks fast, it saves time. Pressure cooker also saves energy. Since food cooks fast, it takes less time to cook, thus it saves time. Pressure cooker is the best kitchen ware to cook foods that takes time to cook, for example beans, stock etc.

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information. Have you faced any sort of issue when using pressure cooker? Also, how well does it work when dealing with desserts?

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I too use a pressure cooker in my daily cooking, in fact, I have three in different sizes and they are very helpful. A very small one for food in small quantities, a medium one which I use daily and a large 9 litre one which I use when we are having guests for dinner. It is very easy to cook in them and also saves a lot of time and gas too.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    My wife uses a pressure cooker almost every day. It is a very good cooking tool that saves a lot of time, money and I think that the taste is different as well. Besides, you are saving money using it, and your food is cooking much faster and it is healthier!

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We have had pressure cookers the day we got in to our home after our marriage. We use it daily specially for cooking red rice that will otherwise take hours to cook it. You should go for it if you want to save gas consumption.

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have rarely noticed anything about the ASOT worth the money. Most of their kitchen appliances are not that safe. And another thing is that they get damaged. So it all depends on how you choose to make use of them. I personally would only gift some of such stuff. And that should be good enough in that case. Pressure cooker usually won't cost much as shown on ASOT. But yeah there are other models worth checking out.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    The only issue with pressure cooker is when the lid gets a dent. When there is a dent on the lid, steam leaks and your food will take time to cook. If your dessert does not need through cooking, pressure cooker may not be the ideal cookwear. You can use pressuer ccoker to cook rice, meat gravy, stock, even boil potatoes.

9. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:

Pressure cooker is ideal for use when one is in hurry or when you want to cook food that takes a lot of time to cook. I saves on time and also energy it consumes less energy than other sources of energy. They are available in different sizes that suite one's need.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a pressure cooker and we use it for beef and beans. Instead of tenderizing the beef fore more than 3 hours in an ordinary pot, it takes only 6 minutes of boiling using the pressure cooker. The boiling is the point where it emits the sound. With the beans, it takes 15 minutes to cook in a pressure cooker while using a pot, the beans would take more than 2 hours. That’s a lot of savings for gas or electric consumption on the stove.

11. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I have never owned one but after reading a few posts in this thread i have done some research now i'm quite interested by this.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My parents use one and it does depend on what you are cooking. It's best for large portions and things like stews and casseroles. You also have to watch the cooker and air the kitchen because of the steam.

Personally I will never use one because it's mainly for people who cook meat and I don't eat meat. Plus I like small meals and to vary them and whenever my parent use the pressure cooker the fridge is always full of excess food because they cook in bulk. If you have many mouths to feed then great, but for a single person it's not really worth it in my opinion or if you don't eat much at home.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once had a small pressure cooker and i really liked it. It was electric and had a thermostat on it just like an electric skillet would have. It was much safer than one that you use on the stovetop because you could adjust the thermostat so that it barely keeps the steam coming out, just enough to cook the food.
    I think that they are a great timesaver, especially for cooking foods that take a long time to cook; but I really have no justification for getting another one at the present time. We sometimes cook our meals in the crockpot, which takes hours and hours, but does not use much electricity to cook with.
    Also, since we make small meals, there is no need for anyting else besides my regular pots and pans to cook with; but I would definitely recommend one when a person wants something cooked fast and tender.