ask for a discount when traveling

Discussion in Travel started by TabithaW • Jun 17, 2012.

1. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    I have found, especially when traveling, that you ca ask for a discount. For example, at the counter of a hotel you can ask "are there any coupons or coupon codes out there I should know about?" They should tell you where you can pickup a coupon. Then f you reply "how about you match that coupon for me so I don't have to drive across town to get that coupon?" They almost always do. Most of the time they will just say "there is X amount off if you bring in the so and so coupon, why don't I just charge you that price?" It really works. It may feel awkward the first time or two but who cares if it saves you $40.00?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I always ask for discounts, when travelling and when shopping. They can only say no, and more often than not, they'll say yes. Once you've steeled yourself to ask a few times, it's no big deal - although you could get a big deal just by being cheeky. I've also got breakfast included for nothing, or a session in the hotel gym or spa, just by asking of there are any offers I can take advantage of.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It never hurts to ask! I have also found that it helps to look online for discounts and coupons before leaving. I like to really plan things out, right down to the restaurants. If I can find coupons on line, I just print them out and take them with us.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Asking for discounts is usually the trick. But you can also get that in advance with groupons on the net. There are a lot these days!!!

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Cool one. Thank you. I never ever thought to ask for any discounts while traveling before. I always used to simply pay what they asked for. Wow. Now, I will surely do that. I am more aware now that many places have specials since joining Groupon too.

Exciting, I will definitely be taking your advice...thank you. (-:

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Like they say, you can't win if you don't get in. I always ask. It doesn't hurt. Saving is more important to me anyway. These days you really have to save it where you can.