Asus X454l Laptop Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by arachnophobik • Jun 29, 2017.

1. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I've had my X454l for more than two years now and it still runs very well. The build is durable, and the material is quite hard so it won't break easily if you put it in your bag and somehow bump your bag from time to time during your commute from school/work. The laptop comes with a Nvidia Geforce 820m 1gb GPU and 4 gb of ram which is pretty decent enough for gaming. I played Skyrim on this laptop just fine on medium settings, and I am currently playing Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain here too and it runs around 30-35fps which is definitely playable. The processor is an Intel Core i3 4th Generation and is good enough to process multiple software at once, just don't expect it to perform fantastically when you're running softwares like Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas, and Visual Studio all at the same time. The biggest con I find here is that the battery is built-in. And I don't really want to take their word for "Lithium Ion does not consume your charging electricity once it's already full, so don't worry" since it does heat up after a long time of gaming while charging. The FPS in gaming drops too on high end games once you take off the charger, even if you set your power options to be more inclined to "maximum performance". I would rate it a 8/10.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Can you abuse it for 10 hours? That is what I want for a laptop, I want a laptop that can run longer. I don't want a laptop that overheats. The Ram is very impressive indeed. I really hate it when my mouse pointer turns into a looping ring. I want something that runs smoothly.

3. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan You probably could, I've only gone 8 hours straight with it once because I have a rough school schedule so I don't really have 10 hours straight to dedicate to my laptop. But yeah, it runs well as long as you take off the charger once the battery is full, and just plug it back in once you're low on battery. No point having the charger plugged in forever while gaming since it still doesn't take the extra electricity and lowers the FPS a little bit. It's great too because Nvidea keeps updating the driver. I've gone from 20fps in Metal Gear Solid 5 back then and to 30-35fps after a driver update.

#3Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017