Asus X550L Series Laptop

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Radix24 • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I have recently bought a new laptop since my previous laptop died of old age (4 years). So far it is doing well. I got an ASUS X550LN laptop. I bought it for around 1000 US dollars here my country. This will be cheaper when bought in the US.

Basic Specs:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4500 CPU
    Graphics card: GeForce 840M

I think those are the specs I will include for now. Asus is one of the highest reliability brand for laptops as of late, and the laptop I bought proves it. I have not experienced terrible crashes that resulted to loss of work. In terms of power, it can handle my games at high quality. I have not yet tested this on max settings, yet. The user experience is wonderful too. There is no noticeable heat on the touch pad and the general area where you rest your hands when you type. Despite its large 15.6 inch screen size, it is very portable. This is because it is thin enough, yet durable enough to withstand wear. It is also light weight.

The only drawbacks I see with it is the lack of USB ports (only three) and that the silver finish has been damaged (my rough handling mostly). Over all it is a good laptop for the busy people, but also wants to play games every now and then.