Asus Zenfone 6? Buy or No Buy?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Radix24 • Nov 10, 2014.

1. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I went to the mall earlier and decided to drop by the smartphone section earlier. There was a display on ASUS smartphones. I know that the laptops of this brand are amazing, but I never heard they had a smartphone section. This intrigued me. I saw Zenfones on display. Are their smartphones also a good buy? I am in the market for Android smartphones. Other suggestions also welcome.

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    They have one now? I guess they're trying to follow Lenovo then, or not? I never really tried them but judging by how great my Asus experience is I think it's worth the shot to have one and it's a fresh new deal since most of the market is littered with Galaxy S4 and 5's and iPhones.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're looking for a six-inch screen, then it's a good buy. It's got mid- to upper-range specifications and runs Android Jelly Bean (upgradeable to KitKat). It does have a rather large 3,000+ mAh battery, so it's got great battery life. Other large phones that I would recommend are the Galaxy Note 4 or Nexus 6, although their screens are slightly smaller. Reviews on the Zenfone 6 are mostly positive, so it's worth the buy if you find it intriguing and if it matches your needs.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it would depend on how much it costs for me. At this point, I really wouldn't think to buy an Asus phone when I could get a Motorola or a Nexus at this time. To start with a phone on Jelly Bean, even if it is upgradeable, at this point, just doesn't make much sense to me.