At What Age Do You Plan To Retire?

Discussion in Retirement Plans started by gracer • Aug 3, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think we will never be satisfied with money we earned and will keep on earning till we are able to do it. Moreover, nowadays there are many opportunities for officially retired people. Online assignments are also open for all. But it's not only money because some people find it hard to sit idle. It's in their blood to keep on doing something which is really good. It would keep us engaged and mentally refreshed.

So I think there should not be any retirement and we should keep on doing something or other. I know some retired Government employees who started writing poems and novels after retirement. It's gives them a happy feeling and also a hope for bright future.

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    You might have a point there @luckycharm@luckycharm, some people never have enough money. I say we need to keep things in perspective, meaning, earn if we can, but leave enough time for everything else that matters too.

As for retirement, I have no plans or savings regarding it what-so-ever.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Oh boy I am not sure that I even want to think about this one. I have heard all my life that it was not going to be good for my generation, and it just keeps seemingly getting worse and worse. I guess we shall see, though.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have already retired at the age of 65 last October 13. It should be at the age of 60 as required by the law but the compulsory retirement age is 65. So if I want to work still, the agency or the government which I was working for 25 years would force me to retire for my age doesn't warrant to work any further. It means it never falls into the exception.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I love my work and untill.my brain supports my body I see myself working. Retirement is just a formality which is not a must in my opinion.

I can't just sit idle so I rather die working hard then from boredom.

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    So they don't give you any more work, but do you have a retirement pension that allows you to live well? It has to right or else what would you survive from after 65 years? Pensions are very important, even more when a person reaches a certain age and cannot work anymore.