At&t

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by plsargent • Aug 15, 2012.

1. plsargent

plsargentNew Member

Threads:
    So my husband and I downsizing out cell phones. We currently have an AT&T family plan with two lines. We are dropping one line and going to an individual plan. So after surfing around on their website I see under wireless individual plans one that says "wireless home phone" $19.99 a month unli tied e erything. So I wanted to know what's the catch, since their nation plan for unlimited calling is $59.99 a month.

So I call them the FIRST person I talk to has no clue what I'm talking about, tries to sit there and tell me that they don't have a plan like that. This is all while I'm sitting at computer looking right at it. So after about 15 minuets of listening to this man breath on the phone while he "tries" to find the answer he says he is going to transfer me to another department so they can help me. Ok fine

Second person comes on, I can't even remember what the department name is, and I ask her the same question again about this plan. She then asks if this is for personal or business, I tell her personal. She then tells me that this department only handles business plans. Ok fine I ask if she can transfer me to the right department to help me. She transfers me to the web department.

He gets on and has me walk him through where I'm at on their web page. So he gets to the web page and says ok now what. I again ask him my question about the plan, he says he does not know anything about the plans he is just a website guy.

So now I'm transferred for the fith time. This guy gets on and I again ask my question and finally someone knew what I was talking about. It's not a "wireless" plan persay, it's a home phone that has this little box you plug in at home to use.

So finally had my what I thought was a simple question answered. But really if you are going to have something like that shouldn't it be listed under their home phone plans. Not wireless.

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That's such a customer service fail!

I'm with AT&T too. But I've only had one customer service experience with them and it was really good: I was calling to switch plans and was supposed to lose all my banked minutes. But the agent helped me out and saved them. And the agent cancelled all my international fees from a trip back to Canada at Christmas.

Sorry your experience sucked!

3. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I have no experience with AT&T's customer service, this certainly sounds like a really frustrating story! Their coverage in my area (which is a decently populated area, my city has ~40,000 people) is absolutely horrible. Before I switched to Verizon, I wouldn't even get cellular service in parts of my own house.

4. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    That is surprising, usually they try really hard to keep you. Id call back and try again.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    AT&T has changed to more of an automated customer service system and it's hard to get to speak to an actual person. Also, they used to be open on Saturday but a couple of weeks ago, they started closing on Saturday, so now you can only speak to customer service 5 days a week. It's scary when a company cuts out an entire workday because it makes me wonder if they're in financial trouble and whether I have to find another phone/internet company.

6. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    It is very difficult to speak with customer service at AT&T, I have better luck getting through to a Rep at T-mobile. I was an AT&T subscriber for over 5 years before I switched to T-mobile and one of the reason why I left was because they always had weird promotions that no one working there knew of and a few times I was billed for minutes I did not use.

7. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    We are with AT&T, and I can't say we've ever had a bad customer service experience with them. I've called and been routed through different departments, but it was when I had called and asked for the wrong one, so it was my fault that I needed to be transferred. You'd think someone would have been able to search all the plans by price and found it sooner than what you ended up waiting. That was a customer service fail.

8. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Intresting stories all. I have never used AT &T, but it does sounds from the cimments, that they are in a bit of trouble. The telephone people need to be better informed about their company. I use Verizon, and have had limited problems, if any.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    It seems that phone companies are pretty bad. I've been transferred a million times having t-mobile. Their customer service isn't the best either. I used to have AT&T and liked them better. However, that's been several years now. I have been wanting to switch back to them lately. I just wonder if something like this just happens every once in a while. I've heard people complain about almost every phone company out there.

10. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    I personally think that AT&T is terrible. I've had their service or about 3 years and really thinking about switch over the Verizon. I've heard that their LTE is supper fast compared to AT&T's.