Athlete's Foot: Homemade Remedy

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Colebra • Jan 30, 2016.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I do practice a lot of sports, and from time to time my feet get itchy, and the skin in the webs between the toes starts to scale a bit.

I don't even remember how I got into doing this, but it sure helps.

1 - Grab a bowl where your feet will fit
    2 - Fill it with HOT scalding water
    3 - Chop half of an onion, and put it in the water filled bowl
    4 - Grab a hand full of sal,t and put it in the water filled bowl
    5 - Grab a bottle of vinegar, and pour some in
    6 - Stur, and let the bowl sit for a while so you won't burn your feet
    7 - Let your feet soak for 15 minutes

Never have to spend money on remedies ever. BOOM!

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My son had a case of athlete's foot recently. It was itchy and red from all the scratching. I went to my medicine cabinet and shook some tea tree oil on it before he went to bed. I put some socks on his feet and slept with tea tree oil on all night. In the morning we did the same thing and the following night. Within 2 days his feet were better. No more itching and the redness was gone. Tea tree oil has an anti-fungal property and it works great. I believe there have been studies into its effectiveness and tea tree has a great success rate in treating athlete's foot. There are also no side effects.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yikes, I don't know about the smell of putting my sweaty feet into a bowl of hot water with onions and vinegar, but I'm not doubting you that it works. I've also tried tea tree oil for some other skin ailments, but it too had a really really strong smell to it. I would be cautious of using it throughout the day, especially in a work setting. I did have some co-workers complain about the odor when I had tried using tea tree oil in the past.

The generic chemical for treating athlete's foot is Clomitrazole, and it's much cheaper to just buy it in generic form than one of the name brand creams for treating athlete's foot. In fact I just ordered some on Amazon a month or so ago, and found a seller who was selling three tubes of it for around $6, shipping included. It was cheaper than me going to the store to buy it.

Incidentally, I also noticed that Dial Acne Control Deep Cleansing Body Wash also seems to work well at getting rid of athlete's foot - at least it did for me.

4. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Here are some preventive measures to avoid athlete’s foot :
    • Wash infected area with best antifungal soap before and after any sport or game.
    • Put antifungal powder in between your toes.
    • Air your feet when they get sweaty.

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what is going on with vinegar these days, but it seems to be the answer for everything now. I know that I have started using it in my dishwasher and my coffee maker for cleaning, and now I can use it for athlete's foot. It truly is an amazing liquid.

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    This was very helpful to me, I've been thinking I was struggling with eczema outbreaks but now that I read this I am wondering if it could be athletes foot. We walk many hours in a day in a humid tropical environment. I've also just read that it is contagious and I am in an area where people walk in their bare feet all the time! Also, I always take my shoes off when entering a house to be polite but now I'm thinking I should really wear socks if I'm going to do that. But sandles and socks look dumb and are hot so I don't usually do that. To add something useful to this string of posts, I found that the specific name of this type of fungus is Tenia Pedis. Army soldiers used to call it Jungle Rot. Many people don't realize they have it and think they just have a case of dry skin. I've been using a lot of Vitamin E cream and it has been helping to sooth the dryness.