Attention Campers!

Discussion in Travel started by H.C. Heartland • May 1, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I just found a cool site that has over 500 recipe's to use while camping. If you join you can add your own recipe's too. They have activities listed that scouts would use and merits awarded. But this would be great for families who do a yearly camping trip as well.

WE love to camp, but rarely have time, and you? Any hacks you'd like to share? Feel free to post here...

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    That's cool. Most of it is not stuff I would actually dare to try in camping (donuts? homemade donuts? that's such a luxury!)
    Would be fun to have tags in there (vegetarian, for instance). But cool site. I wonder how much a dutch oven would be -- usually, if we want to cook potatoes or veggies, we put them in aluminium foil with butter and herbs and just put it in the coals!

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree, it needs to be updated a bit for navigation purposes. I love the potato idea. I saw a show that did that but he put a raw egg inside the potato (after scooping some of it out of course) and then you had protein and your carb all in one container. He said you didn't even need the foil but could put the tater right on the coals but it was all black afterwards and I like to eat the skins.

4. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Black potato wiht an egg in it? Sadly, that does not sound like somethin' I'd like! We usually just make a cut or hole and fill it with kräuterbutter (herb butter? or garlic butter is also great!)

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love it! There is nothing more enjoyable to me than to eat outdoors, be it in a garden restaurant or while camping. I find cooking during camping trips highly exciting, especially when cooking over an open fire at the beach in the evening. Even just thinking about it makes me feel all sentimental. :)
    I love putting freshly caught fish on the fire, together with garlic, chilies, coriander, olive oil, tamari, and so on. Maybe not exactly in that order, but close enough. :)

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the recipes sound pretty good and even simple, so thanks for sharing. I haven't been camping in quite some time, but it's something I enjoy as long as you're really far away from civilization. I'd rather camp somewhere where you're by yourself (your group) and there's not even a makeshift bathroom around. That's when you know you're really out there camping!

7. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Really good and original may I say recipes. I will definetely try some of them, camping or not. Banana chips, 3 minute pizza and the black forest cobble look pretty good to me!