Au Bon Pain - Yay Or Nay?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Oct 4, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been spending the last few days at the Cleveland Clinic, spending time with my mom as she recovers from a recent surgery, so we've been limited to Au Bon Pain or Starbucks for our eating options since those are the only two restaurants on site (aside from vending machines). I've never really frequented Au Bon Pain much in the past, since they were rather expensive (and still are). But I've eaten there the past three days so far, and although pricey, their food is actually rather good.

I'm not sure if all their locations have a hot buffet, or if they did this just for the Cleveland Clinic to accommodate their guests and staff, but these locations have them. They're small, but so far, they've had rotini and meatballs, as well as a tofu curry with rice and green beans, and these fantastic spinach and cheese croissant things. I've also had their Newport Turkey sandwich, which is grilled with turkey, cheddar, avocado, and a tangy french-like dressing.

Everything was great, and I would say I liked it even better than Panera (which was formerly at these locations), but I really wish they weren't so expensive there.

Anyone else a fan or not a fan of Au Bon Pain?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Au Bon Pain. I haven't been there in years, since there isn't one nearby. I don't even know if they have any locations in Texas, but I really miss them, especially at this time of year. They had the best pumpkin muffins and salads. I had to be careful with their coffee, because it was very strong and upset my stomach, but their teas were nice, and I would go there just for the food. They had one salad I loved. It was romaine, with chunks of mozzarella, and roasted red peppers. That was my favorite, with french dressing. It sounds as if they've changed their menu a bit, but I'm sure the food is just as delicious as when I would frequent their cafes.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My only experiences with Au Bon Pain have been at airports, so given the locale, I don't think it's fair to judge them :) I always assume a restaurant location outside of an airport would be a bit better quality-wise.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to Au Bon Pain for a number of years. I used to go to one at L'Enfant Plaza in Washington DC. I have also seen them in a few malls. I used to like their chocolate croissants. These were very good croissants as I remember. It is one of these things that you can get the options that you need It is one of the many things that I can find and take advantage