Auctions?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Oct 6, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A great way to save money is by buying "stuff" that's being auctioned. You have to be careful though because there are no guarantees what you are buying won't be defective. Interested?

You can take a look at the following sites.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I don't feel quite comfortable at auctions yet. I haven't bought anything from e-bay yet. I just am accustomed to seeing a price tag. I do window shop at e-bay just haven't bought anything yet.:cool:

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ebay auctions have lost some of their allure because most people don't win auctions on. Wily buyers use sniper services to place bids at the last minute. They'll be slightly higher than your bid and when you do win some auctions at times, you'll only win because those you are bidding against have no intention of buying the item. The goal is to drive up the price.

Try a local auction. I'm sure you'll fare better there.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    If meaning live auctions then yes - I would so totally agree - that attending auctions is not only great fun but can be extremely worthwhile too and particularly general auctions - where almost anything from good quality indoor/outdoor furniture - to virtually new household items, along with gardening tools, plants, collectibles, jewellery and clothing can be picked up at knock out prices.

In fact - as you can acquire a catalog of the items to be auctioned at least a week beforehand and all items are generally displayed for viewing about an hour and half to two hours - prior to the start of an auction - providing you take that opportunity to thoroughly check over any items that you are interested in, have a rough idea of their current going value and don't get carried away and overstep your buying threshold when the bidding starts - you really can't go too far wrong.

However - one thing always worth remembering when considering how much you are prepared to pay for an item - is that - on top of all winning bids - there is the extra cost of commission to the auction house which can be anything from 10 - 25% or more of the price that you have agreed to pay - which is obviously best factored into the overall cost - before you start bidding - otherwise you may not be getting quite the bargain originally thought - especially as its very easy to get carried away in the fast paced exhilarating atmosphere - once bidding gets underway