Audio-Technica M50s headphones

Discussion in Product Reviews started by orz • Nov 2, 2013.

1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I bought these exclusively to listen to music and have been pretty impressed so far. The audio quality is much better than the cheap pair of headphones I had before, they are a closed headphone so they do get a bit uncomfortable after a few hours but its nothing painful or really really discomforting. I've been meaning to pick up an amp of DAC which will make them perform even better but I haven't gotten around to it. The Audio-Technica M50s come in a straight and coiled version and both are 3m long, I'd definitely go with the straight version unless you really don't need that much cable and are listening in a cramped and small environment. In terms of build quality they're pretty tough, they're mainly constructed with leather and are a bit bulky but feel very sturdy. The earcups also rotate for easy transportation and access.

Overall I'd give these a 9/10.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't be surprised, Audio-Technica is usually a pretty solid brand and even if you are paying a lot for a pair of headphones, they are usually the price's quality, nothing of that business where you are paying for brand (aka beats).

3. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    The M50s are basically the entry level of audiophile headphones. They're INSANELY popular. No matter where you go there's bound to be at least two people who recommend it, no matter what your needs are. I personally don't see the appeal, I mean they sound alright, but it's nothing spectacular. My HD 202s pretty much sound exactly the same, and I don't have a several terrabytes large FLAC collection to listen to either. Plus the design is just awkward.

But hey, you get what you pay for. At that price, there's not much else that could be compared to them.

4. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I've used those too at my friends recording studio. He was telling me it had a frequency response of 26,000 Hz if I remember correctly. Typical head phones have less than 20,000 Hz frequency response, so naturally, you'll hear a lot less.