Auto Defrost Fridges

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Theo • Jul 12, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm currently helping my parents find a new fridge, and have seen a small price difference between manual defrost and auto defrost. I've never had an auto defrost fridge so I don't know the difference and the benefits, but it seems a better option.

Will it save time and also mess, and are they reliable?

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I love auto defrost fridge/freezer. My mom never had one and i remember her defrosting the freezer. Boy was that a chore!

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I never have had auto defrost fridge. My fridges were always manual defrost.Thus, I don't know how reliable are auto defrost fridge. I believe having an auto defrost fridge will definitely saves time. Since you get warranty in your purchase, there is no harm in trying auto defrost fridge.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our old fridge was the ordinary National which develops ice in the freezer. After a month of use, the ice is very thick and the fridge seemed not to be cold anymore so we had to defrost it which takes at least half a day. Actually we had to train an electric fan to the interior when defrosting so the ice would melt faster otherwise it would take the whole day for that defrosting and cleaning.

Our new fridge is an Electrolux that is no-frost. Aside from the quality of coolness which is constant all the time, we are spared of the chore of defrosting and cleaning. The electric consumption is a bit higher but if you will compute the overall expense including the labor for defrosting, I'd say the no-frost fridge is an advantage.