Auto Insurance For More Than 1

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Corzhens • Apr 27, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We didn't know that if you have more than 1 car, you get a big discount in auto insurance - what we call here comprehensive. It is like paying 150% only for the 2 cars. It's a good thing that a colleague mentioned it to me when she learned that I was to buy a second car. What's good with our insurance is we get 3 months delayed payment interest free. Our cars are now 3 years old and maybe if we buy another car then another discount would be given to us by the insurance company.

2. bogo

bogoMember

Threads:
    Yes! multi-vehicle discounts are the best!! Since I'm super cheap and love to save money, I have one car I drive and another that has been in my garage for a few years (it needs a lot of work and I'm sentimentally attached...). I get a discount of 500 a year, but insurance on the stored car is only 50 a year!! So by having one car I drive and another in storage I save 450 a month on insurance!

Also as your cars get older, think about getting rid of comprehensive coverage and get just liability. It saves you a ton and in most cases a car over 5 or 6 years old will be hardly worth saving for an at fault accident depending on how big your deductible is.