Automated thermostat

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by alc89 • Oct 9, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone seen this Nest thermostat before?

I am very interested in it, even though the initial cost seems a bit high. It seems like a really technologically advanced thermostat that is smart about how it works on its own. You can control it in person or from your smart phone, and pretty soon, it'll teach itself a system or routine (ie: when you leave the home, when you come back home, when your bedtime is, etc.). Sure, it's always nice to really be in control of everything, but this seems very Handy. What do you all think?

2. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    This sounds pretty nice. I have an older programmable thermostat. It works well and saves us money in heating bills since it is programmed to when we aren't at home and when we are sleeping to adjust the thermostat appropriately. I do love the fact that you can adjust it from your phone if you plan on coming home sooner than planned or if you plan on being cone longer than you originally planned. Thanks for sharing this.

3. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually found that it's cheaper to leave your therm at one temperature. I've tested my theory quite a few times and it's always worked out that way. It seems like a lot of money to spend on something you can do yourself.