Avengers 2 - Age Of Ultron

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by enell • Nov 18, 2014.

1. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    I just saw the trailer of Avengers 2, and I was so surprised and excited and I got the chills in my bones!! The trailer itself with the sound of Ultron presenting his gift of destruction words to the Avengers team, makes it one of the best trailers I've watched for an anticipated movie for the next coming years!
    As a huge fan of Marvel comics and stories, there are many crazy and maniac villains before the Ultron rises against the Avengers.
    The question remain is: Is it early to bring Ultron as the next villain of the Avengers, while the movie is already in it's second screen play!?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    No it's not early to bring in Ultron, because it's a creation of Tony Stark and I believe it represents a metaphor for the Legal person/artificial intelligence taking over humans, which is why the Avengers are shown looking depressed as a allusion to the superheroes trying to find their selves and be responsible for their actions/inactions. I believe, the writers are intending the Avenger's scripts to evoke their ideas of how humans will proceed into the future in a Hollywood presentation, because movies like Transcendence, Terminator, Blade Runner, and Matrix trilogy has shown allusions to this so-called next evolution of man - this used to be done by oracles, manifestos, books, and plays in bygone days. Also, to me it appears Avengers 2 is a reflection time, to prepare for the next big battle against Thanos in space - one can't master the beyond, if one is not master of their own world.

FYI Hollywood is the wood wizards and magicians used from the Holly tree as their wands; google it.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also looking forward to watching that movie. Will it come out in time for Christmas or will it be released next year? Anyway, I'm excited to see their teamwork. I wonder who'll be the villain this time. Captain America 2 was really awesome and I got a feeling there will be a third movie for this franchise too. Man, Chris Evans just looks like he's on steroids.

4. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    I, on the other hand, got impressed by the trailer but am not expecting to actually like it. It seems like it will follow the typical Marvel formula I mentioned elsewhere (check my posts here), where a (super)hero rises, falls and then rises once again, with the help of his friends and / or co-workers / co-superheroes, to eradicate a seemingly impossibly menacing evil. Each and every superhero movie after The Dark Knight (no, even BEFORE The Dark Knight) had the exact same story, where only the characters, the costumes and the setups change. The story remains the same more or less.

But, yeah, the trailer was cool and the effects look awesome :)

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm honestly done with all these superhero movies to be honest. I wish the hollywood movie makers would offer us something new because I'm just so tired of this neverending superhero saga. I think they ran it's course. At least for now, give it a rest. I've seen the first movie and I'm so not looking forward about this second one. I'm sorry but I'm really not sorry. :p

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nah, it's not too early for Ultron to show his face in an Avengers movie. After Ultron, there are loads of other villains that they could pit against our heroes. Like galactus for instance. I do hope that it would exceed the first Avengers movie in every way possible.

7. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I was a little surprised to see Ultron in the post-credit scene in The Avengers, but it makes sense. I'm not entirely familiar with Ultron's back story, but I know he's ultra powerful and I think this movie needs a better villain than Loki. Not that Loki wasn't a good villain, or the actor didn't do a good job playing him, it's just he's one person, not some sort of powerful cosmic entity.

8. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    Any thoughts on where they could go AFTER Ultron?

I bet on scaling down and presenting (even more) single-superhero movies, more "origin stories", for more time than they did up to now between "phases", and yet... And yet it WILL have to "build up to something". What could that be?

I think that, the way they're "running" with the movies, we'll see the roles reversed, with the movies guiding Marvel's universe to the future and the comics following.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not familiar with Ultron so I don't know if it was too early to bring him out but I think it's going to be okay since there are so many heroes in Avengers that they probably really needed to find someone epic as a villain. I'm just unsure and a bit skeptical of the origin story being something that Tony stark built but I'm sure they integrated that well enough and I'm just curious to see how they did it.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not familiar with character Ultron either, but I love comics. I have always been a big fan of the super heros, growing up, my kids growing up and now my grand kids. I am looking forward to seeing this new character in the story line. It is just entertainment. Look at all of the people who follow Star Wars and Star Trek for all these years. I am a trekkie, my whole family are trekkies.

11. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw the second trailer and it was cool. I cannot wait for it to come out.

Answering your question about Ultron, I guess they have to put Ultron now and go with an even bigger villain for Avengers 3. The way it is going, they might be trying to put a cosmic level villain for Avengers 3. I know that it is hard to do right but if they did it right, it would have an amazing impact. I wish they had put Ant Man before Avengers 2 and tied Ultron's origins with Pym though. It would be cool to have even more casts for Avengers 2 but I guess they have to even the space between the Avengers' releases. Anyway, I hope Avengers 2 meets our expectations.

12. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    Well, here's a surprise: I just read that since Sony is disappointed with how the new Amazing Spider-Man movies turned out, they were searching for a "Plan B". Originally they thought about scrapping the third movie in the trilogy and re-re-rebooting it once more, without Andrew Garfield. And, at the same time, create some related movies that would help Sony create its own "cinematic universe", like Venom or the Sinister Six. But now...

Now, after the Sony hack, it was revealed there is another option for the "Plan B", a possible co-operation between Sony and Disney that would allow Spider-Man to appear in Marvel's movies! The whole thing is a bit complicated and could be explained simply as "Sony had bought the rights to Spider-Man before superheroes became a fad and keeps holding them tight", so Marvel, although it's technically their superhero, can't include him in their movies. If they co-operated with Sony on some production, though, they could.

And it's said that they probably will, with the third Avengers!

Yep!

Spidey may appear alongside the Avengers while battling the very "cosmic threat" mentioned by @lordrenly :)

13. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really excited for ALL of the comic book related movies coming out this year, but for some reason this one has me especially hyped. I just watched to second trailer, and although it wasn't that much new footage, It still got me pumped. I especially like how this and Ant-Man aren't that far apart in terms of release dates.

14. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    MARVEL and SONY should've never went with Age of Ultron in my opinion. It's way too early and what frustrates me more is that they went on and showed the fans a glimpse of Thanos. Where the hell is he now? Besides, Tony Stark isn't the one who created Ultron, Hank Pym(aka Ant-Man) did. SONY screwed the entire series by changing the story line. I'm a firm believer that any written form of literature that's going to be translated on television or movies should be translated cover to cover. No story line changes should be made whatsoever so that fans who haven't read the book/comics wouldn't miss something.

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Avengers 2 is disappointing! The trailer looked good, I love Hulk and Iron Man and Captain America and Thor! Um, the movie itself needed more cohesion-the scenes were just all over the place and seemed to me to be more about getting enough action into the movie than sense and a good plot! I hope Fast and Furious 7 is not like the Avengers...or else!!

16. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I haven't watched the movie yet. Yeah, I know, what a shame. But I really am planning to see this film one of these days when I get the chance. I have heard it was really great, so I am pretty excited. :)