Avoid Kmart.com

Discussion in Online Shopping started by ACSAPA • Jan 28, 2016.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are 203 complaints about Kmart on a certain consumer watchdog website and several of the complaints are about Kmart.com. If you buy from Kmart.com, you might be shipped the wrong item, as some people have found out. You can't return items from Kmart.com to the physical store, so you'll have to mail them in and they deduct the shipping from the amount of your refund. I mailed a return and they still refuse to refund me even though I provided a tracking number and screenshots showing that the return package was received by Kmart. If you find a bargain on Kmart.com, be aware that the item might cost substantially more in the store because they don't match or honor their online prices in store. Watch out for Kmart.com and their laughably bad customer service and weird policies.

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I tend to use my PayPal business card when shopping online. If something like this happens on Kmart.com I can just do a chargeback and provide proof. Though, i do have to say that a majority of sites will have a ton of bad consumer reports. That doesn't mean that every experience will be like that.

3. lolo

loloMember

Threads:
    Why we can't return items from Kmart.com to the physical store? It's really frustrating.Actually I usually don't go Kmart.com,Ebay or Amazon will be better.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not just me. Look at Kmart's Facebook page. Every single post Kmart makes has a bunch of angry replies and complaints from customers. One year Kmart cancelled a bunch of Christmas layaways, including ones that were fully paid for.
    They did not refund those people's money until after Christmas, leaving many families without the gifts they ordered or money to buy replacements.

By the way Kmart's stores do not honor their online pricing. So if you see a blender for $20 on Kmart.com and then try to go to a physical store, it'll cost $60 in the store for the exact same one and they'll tell you "Sorry, we don't have price matching for our own online prices." That's not just me, that's policy , so you won't be treated any better.

One guy on Reddit says that he went to a Kmart and the woman at the returns counter was eating a chicken leg AT THE REGISTER. Speaking of the returns counter, that is where my lost layaway order was hiding after the store staff couldn't find it for two days.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There aren't any Kmart stores in my area. I didn't even know that Kmart has a website. I think the retail chain is holding on by its fingertips. Providing terrible customer service isn't going to help Kmart stay in business.