Avoid The Latest Fashion To Save Money

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 19, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    I realised that buying the latest fashion is always more expensive than an outdated one. and since am really determined to improve my investment portfolio I have chosen to avoid latest designs, fashions to save money.
    do you think it's a good idea?

2. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    It all depends on your goals. If you want to stay highly fashionable and on trend then no. You can still be fashionable and not buy the currently on trend items. Although I haven't really noticed them being the more expensive items in the stores that I go to. You could always cut back and only buy a couple high trend items that you think would last fashion wise for awhile.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's simple if you are not financially buoyant enough then you may look away from buying latest trends, I tell you the many other clothes that may are not current trends still look superb with good prices. Personally, many times I don't follow trend when buying my clothes. Folks always hail me whenever I am dressed. They see my clothes to be of high profile, and really they are but not necessarily the latest trend.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have a point there. New clothes that are fashionable are more expensive than old designs. I’m for it because I am old fashioned. But I don’t think that would be applicable to the younger generation since most of them told me that they would look like a pauper if they don’t follow the trend. Take for example that jeans with a torn knee, that is absurd to me but the kids are buying such weird jeans. Oh well, to each his own when it comes to fashion and I’d say I am comfortable with the old style of my clothes.

5. melissa1024

melissa1024New Member

Threads:
    I say buy what you are comfortable in! I do not buy what is in fashion now because I am not going to pay these absurd prices for ripped jeans when I can pay $10 or $15 for a regular pair of jeans and in time they will develop those same rips on their own!

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Not wearing the latest fashion trends does not mean you're wearing something outdated. You could be wearing classic and timeless designs that don't make you look old fashioned. The trick to clothes longevity is to choose classic designs, fabric, and colors that aren't too loud. If you're a man/woman who want to move up the corporate ladder, you have to dress the part, and that would mean you need to have room in your budget for your office wear. Matching business clothes could be expensive. I can't afford to buy new clothes for every important occasion in the office. To save money, I'm teaching myself to sew. It also serves as my outlet for creativity, If I get better at it, I might just turn it into a side business. ;)

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    This will never be a problem for me, because if there is one thing in the world that I don't care about (I really don't give a damn) it's about what's trend or not... About what's fashionable or not.

I use / wear what I like and that's it. ;)

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit The same is applicable to me, I don't bother my head knowing about the latest trends, it surprises me a lot whenever I see people make that a core talk. Whenever I buy a piece of electronics or wears what I am looking for is quality and not trend. If the item with the quality happens to be trendy at moment I wouldn't buy because of the trend but quality.

#8Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    @tonyb@tonyb You said the keyword (at least to me): Quality. ;)

I always buy based on quality, no matter what brand it is. I don't buy anything by trend (but if they match with the brand, I don't see any problem with it), all I buy is by my will and my own taste. :)

#9Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Yes Quality is what to watch out for. I have seen where someone bought an item new in the market and within weeks returned them. The simple reason, the item failed, it was of no good quality.

#10Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is one that I really have not had to worry about it. I would not really say that I am not trendy or unfashionable or anything, but I could not care less and I do not spend money on it. I hope that never changes either.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That is most definitely a good idea, since fads come and go anyway, and where they are not in season anymore then you just end up with out of season clothes in your closet that you can't even sell, because well, they're already out of season. So if you're going to buy clothes, then just stick to the basic and classic ones to ensure longevity.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a goth but I love buying black clothing because it never runs out of style. That is why many women likes wearing a simple black dress in parties and many men wears a simple black suit. Black is a classic color that never fades in fashion.

14. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    If you mean to avoid buying the latest fashion, then I think it's really saving lots of money. The latest fashion or design is always more expensive. When I was still working in corporate world, I tried to buy the branded suits when they were on sale as the quality is really better and it's much cheaper when they are "out of date fashion". I don't really mind not following the updated fashion or trend.

15. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    That's pretty interesting @Jamille@Jamille, learn to sew and reduce the cost of clothes.
    I think this is one the most creative ideas I have heard so far. I agree it would take time but I just need to spend 1 hour daily and I have all the clothes I need.
    that would cut wardrobe expenses by more than 50%.

#15Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    If you want to go with the latest fashion and not spend more money, then one option is that you can buy the cloth and give it to your tailor and give him a picture of the design that you want and ask him/her to stitch it like that. I am sure if he/she is your regular tailor then he/she will not charge you extra for it.

17. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It would come down to what you can afford. If I have the money I would surely go for the latest. However, whatever it may be, it has to be able to fit into my budget. I won't go overboard. Therefore, if my budget is limited, I would have to forego the latest designs.

18. Jaylen Gomez

Jaylen GomezNew Member

Threads:
    No matter hat you wear even it's not branded or out of fashion nowadays, the most important thing is how you wear it a swag.

19. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really follow trend or fashion. The only thing that really matters is comfort. I like clothes that make me look good and feel comfortable to be in.

I don't think it is financially worth following the fashion.

20. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is absolutely true and correct. Clothes, apparel as trending fashion cost so much, but when their period of being in the market lapsed, they are sold in a low prices or in a bargain.

So you are right to buy clothes which they are not in fashion. My wife is a good or wise buyer. She always keeps on monitoring which mall or supermart is having a discounted sales. Those outmoded apparels are being offered for sale in a discounted cost.