Avoiding Vacation To Save Money

Discussion in Travel started by luri • Sep 7, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Yes, my initial intention to go to park is not to save money, but it really does. It's really good to engage the kids to the nature, and it's good for us too. Moreover, there are many free "toys" in the nature, they are really good for kids and save us lots of money too. My kids enjoy picnic at the park too, we just bring some simple food, and they enjoy playing and eating at the park. The kids have lots of fun and we have precious time staying together as well. The kids are healthier playing in the nature as well. :)

#21Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha I agree with you. I did not mean never to go on a vacation just because you wnat to save money. However, avoiding unnecessary vacations will save you money and use that money to pay your mortgage or cedit card bills.

#22Sep 13, 2017
  3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Unless the situation is really bad, I don't think this is necessary because everyone needs to take a vacation. what needs to be done is a suitability of destinations to be able to save good money.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 And it is quite important with new generation. I mean I am seeing new generation kids are more interested in other things than play grounds and nature kind of places. So it is really important to push them to such place as it is very important for their development too. You are doing wonderful job.

#24Sep 13, 2017
  5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    The big debate has been around how often one should take vacations. Does it have to be an annual affair and do you have to travel far away to an exotic location? This notion or idea of expensive vacation is what has kept some folks in debt. Taking holidays or vacations that they cannot afford. Travelling to desirable and popular tourist attractions and staying at expensive hotels. If you can afford to take a debt-free holiday, by all means, go for it. But if you cannot, well, not taking a holiday has never killed anyone yet. You can take a break without going anywhere.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @tallulah@tallulah Totally agree on this. If one can afford the vacation and expensive hotels then surely it doesn't matter for them either they go frequently or not. But yes if someone can not afford then surely they should not go for it by borrowing money or spending whatever they have. It will create problems later on. Surely one can stay without it and there are some alternatives too using which they can have spend holidays with less expense.

#26Sep 16, 2017
  7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think big vacation can be avoided and you can visit the nearest places instead. Taking offshore vacations take a lot of money. And for that reason you should save money on other things. So take local park and other nearby locations. That is going to save a lot of money. I have found out that some of the nearby places can be good enough for vacation from what I have noticed as well. That's something to see as well.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, if i do not have money i will avoid extra expenses. Traveling shopping and such things.