Avon Cosmetics

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sandra Piddock • Mar 29, 2012.

1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in university I lived in a party house with a couple of other guys. The house always smelt like beer. The avon lady comes by one day with her daughter and says that she was sorry to bother us after we opened the door.:eek:

We bought so much mens deodorant, body wash, talcum powder and aftershave lotion that she dropped us off a thank you and will miss you card when she moved out of the neighborhood a year and half later.

I love the Avon products, they are priced well and even better when they have sales and their stuff is good quality. I haven't thought about it in a long time. Maybe I should see who is selling it in my area.

2. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    Hi Sandra,

I've always wanted to be an Avon or Mary Kay representative. When I was a child, my mother was an Avon rep and I used to go with her to sell her oils. I remember them smelling so good. My ex's mother was a Mary Kay rep and she bought me a kit to get me started but she stopped doing it. I wanted to get involved again but I'm not sure it's as popular as it once was or that I could make a small income from it. I don't have any initial investment money, so that presents a problem as well. I, too, have always loved the Skin So Soft line of products. They always smelled so good and left my skin so soft :)

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used Avon before and don't know too much about the product. Just yesterday I ordered an Avon lipstick and lipgloss from one of my mum's friends who desperately needs the commission. I was still feeling sceptical about my purchase as she didn't have any samples to show me and I normally don't buy cosmetics without trying them out. After reading all the above reviews on the products a minute ago I feel more enthusiastic about my purchase. I think my next buy will be one of the shower gels you all are raving about.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Jennifer, the Avon guarantee covers cosmetic shades as well as defective products, or products that may cause an allergic reaction. If you're not happy with the shades or the products in general, just return them to your representative and either ask for an alternative product or a refund.

As for the shower gels, they are great, because a little goes a long way. Also, if it says it's a moisturising shower gel, that's exactly what it does, so you know what you're buying into.

5. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Just by reading this thread makes me want to find out more about becoming an agent here in my province. I just moved here about two years ago and my fiancé said Avon is big here (as it is everywhere else) and I might just be able to find my own customers. I could probably do it as a part-time basis, since I have my own business to handle! This is definitely something I should give a lot of thoughts into.

6. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I love Avon. You can get some good beauty stuff for a good price. I really like the skin softeners and miss the old school look of the jar! I tried the deodorants for the first time last year and was impressed. Avon fragrances can be nice as well and very affordable. They have some good deals and sales pretty frequently.

7. lauraemilia

lauraemiliaNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using Avon products since high school. My mother is a fan too. The products are affordable, good and for all ages. Although they have a good price, I prefer buying the most important products for me (foundation, make up, shampoo) from other brands...even though they are more expensive...

8. lauraemilia

lauraemiliaNew Member

Threads:
    Yes it's a good idea to do this as a part time job, because you will have plenty of Avon products..but when it comes to money..it's not that profitable

9. adriana2012

adriana2012New Member

Threads:
    I also like Avon cosmetics, I have been using lots of products and I have been satisfied with them.
    The products are of high quality and at a very good price too.
    I myself used to be rep at avon, but now I do not have the necessary time, but I still use these brand all the time.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like the skin-so-soft I have dry skin and find that the skin-so-soft moisturizes just right. I have been looking a rep I will go to the website to order.

11. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Remember to put in a large enough order to qualify for free shipping. Also, if you sign up for a cashback site like Top Cashback, you may be able to get money back on your purchases. The free shipping threshold varies from country to country, but if you don't think you'd make it, you can always get together with friends or family members and order together.

12. jose

joseMember

Threads:
    I was doing Avon cosmetics business along with my friend.

13. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love Avon products, especially their anew range. I don't care too much for their nail enamels... some of the new ones are really yuk.. their skin care product are great and I use them regularly.. I buy most of the stuff when there is a discount offered. I recently became a representative.. But I buy stuff mainly for myself at the moment.

14. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I thought Avon had a good line of skin care products when I used them some years back. The only issue I had with them was their strong scents. I live with two people who had bad reactions to strong smells such as certain perfume scents, and the Anew products really bothered them. At the time I asked my Avon representative if Avon had a fragrance free type of their skin care line. She informed me that they didn't have such a line or were not even considering it. Too bad, Anew was really great and really did help with some of my skin problems.

15. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Pafjih, your friends must have had very sensitive noses. I also like Anew, and one of the things I like about it is that the range is not very highly fragranced. I've used Avon skin care since I was 16, and I still have great skin at 60, so that's a pretty good advert for the range, in my opinion. Avon skincare is affordable, as well.

16. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I like Avon too! I have a few friends who are reps, and I always get excited to look at a new catalog! I'm silly like that :) But I've gotten great deals over the years, from make up, to bubble bath, to watches and toys. They offer so much! It's a great quality and the stuff is great. We are big fans of skin-so-soft!

17. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I would like to tell you guys, thank you! I say thank you because of the fact that you helped me out without even knowing. I was asked to Become a Salels Associate with Mary Kay and I didn't have any questions to ask. I am excited about the opportunity, but when I read this it made me think. I am more aware of Avon because I love their Far Away Perfume and their Shower Gels. Avon is a house hold name and I know why because their products are good and inexpensive. So it makes me wonder if I could have more success with Avon instead of Mary Kay. I know a lot of people who have been using Avon for years and are loyal. My mother is one of them. I also like that Avon offers a variety of products!

18. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I would definitely go with Avon. It's a well-known brand, and they offer the unconditional guarantee. The prices are good as well - I've heard people say Mary Kay is rather expensive, although I've never used it myself. I used to earn well when I sold Avon in the UK, as well as paying for my own products. I only stopped because we spend a lot of time in Spain, and there are not many people around here to sell to, but I still buy Avon through the representative.

19. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Sandra, you have been amazing. I love the passion and the knowledge you have about Avon. I was trying to see what all comes in their training kit, but I cannot find it without having to pay the $10. I saw what the $10 gets, but I know they have a $99 Starter Kit as well. I would like to know what all comes with that offer. Would you say that you were a Hands on Avon Consultant offering a pampering session or were you a sales associate that let the books talk for themselves? That is something that I fell in love with about Mary Kay is the fact that they do pampering sessions, but I guess they can do that because it is mostly make-up. With Avon you have a Variety of things to sample and show.

20. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    My mum used to use Avon lipsticks and my eldest sister loves Avon, cos her Avon lady gives her free samples. I liked the eye pencil my sister had, it was emerald green, not too shimmery and was easy to apply. I cannit remember the name of it though. I think it was a gel eye pencil...not too sure.