Baby clothes are cheap, but shipping prices are awful!

Discussion in Online Shopping started by RomanAnthonysMama • Sep 20, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    Hey everyone! I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant, and I've been contemplating on doing some last-minute shopping for our little boy online. I've gone to many sites, and while they have some awesome deals on baby clothes, and tons of clearance items, a lot of sites want so much for shipping that it's not even worth it. It's great if an outfit is only 5 dollars, but then to ask for two times that in shipping costs is outrageous to me. Does anyone have any tips on how to save on shipping costs when shopping for baby clothes and items? Thank you so much!

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    That is why family is important, because most likely a lot of people that already had kids kept their clothes when they were little, so you could always get them for cheaper from them.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Oh mama, so sorry to hear this. I now do at least 50% of my kids' and baby clothes shopping online, and I've never paid for shipping. You need to check out Carter's and Osh Kosh, and also The Children's Place. When you shop, do a quick google search for extra sales codes. There is almost always one out there for free shipping or enough of a percent off that it basically makes shipping free. Also, don't hesitate to go ahead and spend the minimum to GET free shipping, because you can always return the extras back to the store for free.

You are right that baby clothes are cheap, especially if you buy in the off-season, and if you do it right, you should never have to pay for shipping.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely check out sites like retail me not for codes & promotions going on...sign up for emails from your favorite sites and you'll know right away when they free shipping and other specials.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can buy baby clothes on Amazon and buy the Prime items that have free shipping. You can use Walmart's Site to Store to get free shipping. You can buy from eBay sellers that offer free shipping.

6. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy many baby clothes online unless I need something for a special occasion and can't get it in a physical location. I prefer Target for most of my son's needs. They have plenty of cute options for reasonable prices. Everything always lasts quite awhile too.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest that you go to

or

, they also sell baby clothes there plus they also offer free worldwide shipping. I have bought items from both stores already and the items arrived at around 3 weeks after the purchase.