Baby Pictures, Kids Portraits, Family Portraits

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Zyni • Jan 25, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to capturing images of your babies, kids, and whole family, do you just do your own or do you go for portraits still? I know sometimes there used to be good offers, but these days, I don't think I'd do it any more. I'd pass especially if I had to gather everyone up and try to get them to the photo shoot location still looking perfect. I've never had a portrait done at home though. We always went to have it done.

These days, I'd take my own photos and blow up the ones I like at Walmart or Walgreen's or something.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My youngest daughter took a trip where she was able to take some beautiful pictures which she shared with her sister. As a Christmas gift this last Christmas the sister blew up the pictures and gave them to her sister who never took the pictures off the camera. I think it is easier to take your own pictures and have them blown up.

3. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I always do my own and I love that they come out great even on a smartphone! I always get compliments on how well the pictures turn out. You can use a smartphone, then upload them onto Walmart Photo Center and print them off. Then find a frame from the store and there you have it! It's very simple and I love doing it that way. I always have a ton of pictures to print off anyway. I'm always capturing so many moments, so it's personally easier for me to go print them all off. I have wanted to do professional photos, but honestly I think you can make them look professional all by yourself which is much cheaper so it's a win win!

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I still have film that needs to be developed. I usually go to Walgreens and have them burn to a CD and then come home and print them off. I have gotten accustomed to importing digital photos from my smartphone and digital cameras. Having invested in a color printer, photo paper and a good photo shop program to create professional pictures, I'm quite pleased to do my own at home.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I would always do it myself, because it is much cheaper. Plus, I always enjoy looking at photographs that are absolutely genuine and realistic, too. If you get somebody to take photos for you then there is no way that the situation is "real". My own pictures will always look much nicer in the years to come, so that is what I like to focus on.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I used to do this when the kids were younger, but now that they are older we just buy their school photos. They are usually a good deal for the package of photos. If we want a family photo we'll usually stop someone to take our photo with our good digital camera and then print out the picture at Costco. It's so much cheaper and cameras/phones now a days take great shots.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you can save money if you just take the photos and bluetooth them to the photo shop, they offer such services so you can just have them printed at a cheaper price.

8. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    With the emergence of camera cellphones and photo editing apps, I must say that I can't even remember the last time I went to a photo studio to have portrait or family photos taken. All our family pictures were taken out of a cellphone camera. We just print those that we considered the best either through professional photo printers or at home.