Baby Shampoo

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Tinee • Jul 15, 2012.

1. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Hey everyone, I just would like to ask. What shampoo do you use on your babies? I used to use Johnson's on my baby but she has been itching since forever. I like Nivea Baby but I can't seem to find it anymore. Any suggestions?

2. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't want to suggest any shampoo because it might have the same component that made your baby itch. It's better to make a visit to your pediatrician first, if your baby is itching from using a certain shampoo then maybe he/she is having an allergic reaction. Ask your pedia, i'm sure he will know what to do about this.

3. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Good point. Thank you KatharineMae~ :)

4. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Well said!! Each child's skin is different. Therefore, it's necessary that what suits one child will suit the other. Like for many children Johnson works best but in your case, it created irritation. Please ask your doctor for a medicated shampoo.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I use Johnson's too. I do notice in cold weather both my kids have what looks like a rash of dry skin. When that shows up, I use Aquaphor. It usually takes care if it within a day or two. I noticed they have it no matter what shampoo or soap we use.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I would consult the pediatrician. You never know if its an allergy or just a coincidence.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the no name brand shampoo it actually works really well and it is good on my daughter's skin she has a skin condition so she's really sensitive to certain things so i try to get things that her skin doesn't get itchy or red.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I use Mothercare, its from England. We have had no problems with it and my baby really has sensitive skin.

9. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use baby magic on my kids hair. This is what we buy for my grandaughter as well. But like others have said. Your baby should be seen by a pediatrician. Johnsons is a very mild shampoo. But you never know, it could be some sort of allergic reaction. Is it just the babys scalp that is itching? It seems like it would affect the skin as well if it was the shampoo. I mean as it washes off it gets on the skin at some point. But better to be safe and see the pediatrician.