Baby's First Halloween

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Amanda K • Sep 18, 2014.

1. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    My son is almost three months old now. He'll be four months old for Halloween. I see lots of people putting costumes on their babies, but I wonder where they go once they're all dressed up. I mean, if I take him trick or treating, I'm fairly certain people will know the candy is really for me. I love candy, but I can just buy it at the store without having an awkward exchange at a stranger's doorstep. I guess I'll just take him to a pumpkin patch and snap a picture of him by a pumpkin? How do you enjoy Halloween with a little baby? If I must put him in a costume, what are some minimal effort and cost-effective baby costume ideas?

2. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    When I saw this post, I immediately got excited. My little man is 6 months old, so he will be 7 months come Halloween. I looked on Amazon.com for his costume. They have a wide variety and some very, very cute costumes! I was beside myself! :) We probably won't go door to door around each neighborhood. I was more or less thinking of just going to our relatives house and of course grandma and grandpa's house. I guess some people probably don't have the luxury of having family in town, so then you'd have to hop around the neighborhood! The pumpkin patch is a great idea! I can't wait to snap some super adorable pictures of my little guy. I think I will probably enjoy it more than him, just because I've been waiting to dress him up all cute and take some much needed memorable pictures! So check Amazon.com out. If you're a Prime member, a lot of them provide free shipping, but if not the shipping costs aren't usually too bad. My little man is going to be a dragon. :) It gets chilly here in Wyoming, so it's a warm little dragon suit. Good luck!!

3. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Awww, a Dragon! I've had a fair amount of pressure from Facebook friends to dress him up as something. There are a couple of stops I could make- my family is only a little more than an hour away, but it's kind of far for trick or treating given my complete lack of gas money. I do have a ridiculous wolf jacket that he was given in a pile of secondhand clothes. His father told me I was not allowed to take him out in public in that under any circumstances. I think it's adorable, so if he wore it for Halloween, and happened to like it, I should probably take him out in his ridiculous wolf outfit all of the time, lol! I could also come up with a zero cost Charlie Brown costume.

I'm sort of jealous of your Wyoming weather. At least you know it will be cold. In Virginia, Halloween temperatures could be 80 degrees or they could be 35 degrees.

4. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    My kids haven't gone trick or treating as babies/toddlers, but they did wear costumes and "help" us pass out candy. My preschool age son is just now thinking about going out, but he only wants to go to our neighbor's house and then hand out candy. When you have them at the door with you everyone is able to appreciate their costume, and usually kids get a kick out of babies dressed up. We also took pictures of them, of course, to send to friends and family. The idea of going to see relatives makes sense as well, but we are busy handing out candy most of the night in our neighborhood. My sister has come to us occasionally.