Back To School.

Discussion in Office Supplies started by xcmiller93x • May 4, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you typically go back to school shopping for supplies? I usually go to Target, Walmart, or Staples.

2. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Wal-Mart and Office Max. Office Max and their 10% off whatever you can fit in the bag and 1 cent 100 sheet paper... :D
    Then there's Wal-Mart for pens, pencils, scissors, and stuff like that.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I go downtown and go to the big stores first so that I can find everything I want in just 1 place. I rarely go to the supermarket (Walmart, Carrefour, etc.) to look for school/office supplies, they don't have a lot of variety here.

4. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Supermarkets are definitely the place to go for back to school supplies I have a Super-Walmart very close to my house so they basically have everything you could imagine, especially when it comes to school supplies. You still need to get there pretty early in Summer so the stock is still full. People buy a lot of supplies and they buy it fast so you don't want to end up with "Pretty Fairy Princess" folders and notebooks.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to get school supplies at Walmart Supercenter and Dollar Tree because the prices are really low and the selection is good. Sometimes I go to Office Max and Staples if I need more extensive supplies that the other stores don't supply.

6. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I usually shop at Staples or Walmart. My father also works at an office supply store, and we get some discounts there. However sometimes Staples, or Walmart still have cheaper prices. Also Dollarama has some good basics, such as pencils and pens.

7. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    When you're in grad school, you don't really need much if you already have a laptop. I still need a notebook or two for listing stuff, though, and there's a local bookstore just a block away from my place. That's where I usually go.

8. fallace

fallaceNew Member

Threads:
    Back in the day when I needed to shop for school supplies (all of 1 year ago haha!), I tended to go to Walmart. They have the best deals, and the products are all fine. If I couldn't find something there, I'd head to Staples or Office Depot for the rest.

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to either Staples for brand name supplies and their generics. It's the closest supply store to me with a 10 minute bus ride, so why not? I do go to Target from time to time to buy their generics too since I like how soft their pencil lead refills are for mechanical pencils.

10. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Basically, all of the above. I hated shopping for school supplies when I was younger but I didn't mind as much when I hit my High School years. In College, students buy their supplies right on campus.

11. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    School supplies. Ugh. I swear we are NEVER done buying school supplies. My kids' teachers seem to think we're made of money or something. Every week they send them home saying they need more stuff. I wish they would just put all of that stuff in a big list at the beginning of the school year. No one has school supplies on sale in October or November. *sigh*

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I go to this bookstore/school supplies store called National Book Store, they're the most popular bookstore and they have the largest franchise in our country. But it's been quite a while since I've shopped there, since I'm already done with school and I have no intention to buy a book as of the moment.

13. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    When I need office supplies, I shop at Office Depot, sometimes Staples. Both have decent prices.