Bad Experience At A Private, Free-standing Er, Would You Send A Complaint Letter / Conact The Bbb?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by joyful728 • Feb 5, 2015.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone!

Sadly I recently had a miscarriage :( I've been depressed for awhile but am getting better.

When I still thought I was pregnant and everything was great, I had a pain in my lefft side. I was concerned it could be ectopic. This was on Christmas eve.

I was paranoid about catching the FLU, etc, so I decided to visit a free-standing (not connected to a hospital) emergency room.

I called and they said they had a lab. Well.... long story short they were NOT ABLE to check my betas to see if it was a miscarriage. THey said the LAB would check to see if HCG was in my system but NOT give the exact amount (they said it would take 2 days at least)

Basically I ended up having to leave that ER and drive right to a hospital ER. And, yep, still got billled for over 2,000 bucks (at both actually!) Fortunately insurance is covering some.

The hospital ER was able to tell me my beta within 45 minutes or less. I had awesome care there.

I'm so mad. WOuld you write a complaint letter?

I'm