Bad Food From Grocery Stores?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kingusama92 • May 27, 2012.

1. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I get most of my groceries from larger supermarkets, and I do not remember having any bad food from them. The most that I have run into has been potato chips that heve been stale, they are usually from a smaller convenience store. I think that supermarkets want to keep their reputations intact and therefore try to make sure their food is fresh, so that their customers keep coming back to their store.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was shopping in the supermarket section of Walmart and I saw a cockroach crawling on the bags of tortillas.
    It's weird to see roaches in public in well known national stores because roaches are usually something you see in private in old apartment buildings.

Anyway, I wonder what kinds of things crawl on the food at Walmart at night when they close.
    Basically anyone who bought one of those bags of tortillas got bad food and didn't know it.
    (I did say something about the roach to a Walmart employee ,but they didn't seem too concerned.)

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, this has happened quite a lot in the past year. I bought a big bag of limes a few weeks ago, they looked like normal limes but they were dry as a bone, hardly any juice at all. I've also had issues with garlic and onions, they look fine until you peel the skin and see that it is not fit for eating.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have had this more than once i got some raviolis for my daughter her favorite ones which are the abc ones and they were all bad i couldn't believe it i was so mad so i complained to the company they gave me coupons for three free ones but couldn't give me more for the others that were bad cause i didn't have the barcode number or my receipt so i just stopped buying those kind.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This has happened once or twice. The last time it was meat from the store, we took it right back and got our money back. It was not a problem. I smell the meat before I decide on the purchase to make sure it is still fresh.

We have purchased cheese that had mold on it. Which also was returned to the store.