Bad gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by xcmiller93x • May 3, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    What's the worst gift you've received?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to be socks and underwear. Women seem to give men socks and underwear as gifts, but I don't really like them. If I were to give a women these as a gift she would be offended.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Clothes I don't like, without a doubt. My dad recently bought me this long sleeved T-shirt and, even though I really appreciated the gesture, I hated it. I'm no fan of light-blue, sorry. It's painful for me to say I don't like a gift I receive because I think I'm making the other person feel like I didn't even care about it.

4. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Sweaters.

Not just any kind of sweaters, but those ridiculous looking ones with animals on them. As a kid, you would want toys and other fun things like that, but you usually ended up getting clothes from people.

There is no bigger disappointment then getting a sweater on your birthday. I'd rather get nothing.

5. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I really hate flowery, lacy clothes. And it just so happened that my boyfriend gave me a blouse that was all flowery and lacy on our first Christmas together... *sigh*

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Top 3:
    1. Ugly clothes when I wanted fun toys...age 10.
    2. Box chocked FULL of dark chocolates...whenever...no thanks.
    3. A 10 dollar giftcard to Starbucks with a Birthday card...really 10 dollars? Nice.

How to react:
    [video=youtube;Gnt-VeE_qJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnt-VeE_qJY[/video]

7. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    well i hated receiving picture frames...
    they are just dull...

8. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I don't like receiving clothes... I pick my own clothes out thank you very much :)...

9. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I think the worse gift I've ever received was underwear with the days of the week on them from my grandma. I got these when I was eleven, so I was really offended. However, I try to appreciate all gifts that I receive these days.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I have a friend who always buys me the type of clothes I'd wear if I were 20 years older. I like showing a bit of flesh, and I don't like frumpy skirts and dresses, but that's what I get from her. Whether she's jealous because I have a better figure than she does, I don't know, but as we've known each other for many years, you'd think she'd know my taste by now. Still, I suppose it's the thought that counts.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Definitely counterfeit designer purses! I'd rather have a purse with no label seriously. But opening a gift with the name PRADO on it is just such ashame.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The worst gift I've ever gotten was lingerie and a skimpy little whore-dress from a dude who wanted to sleep with me. Oh, and they were the wrong size. This was Christmas of the year I was eighteen.

13. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I just got the worst gift this morning! Well my neighbor thought it was my birthday,lucky for me, she made cake! apparently it was the worst cake ever. I appreciate the idea of it,thou the cake really tasted bad, even my dog refused to eat it.

14. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Mine would have to be cheap bed sheet. Really who gives bed sheet on birthdays? It was given by a neighbor, probably was also a gift to her but she didn't like it so she gave it away. haha

15. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    The worst gift I received was a pair of shoes. Not only were they the wrong size but also the worst pattern ever. Who wears floral printed shoes with rubber soles!! :mad:

16. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    I dnt like photo frames.. they are worthless :p

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst gift I have ever received in my life was a dirty stuffed animal in a box with a picture of a nice camera on it.
    I have also received a Starbucks card with a balance of $4.50 left on it. I used it to pay for half of a mug, I had to pay for the rest of the coffee mug myself.

18. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know if there is such a thing as a bad gift. I mean, for me a gift is about the gesture, not the object itself. Unless you give me a Rolls Royce :) Whenever I got some gift I didn't liked very much, I thought of a person who would like it and give it to the respective person. Although I was raised with few gifts, so I hardly felt like not liking one of them.

19. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    A cheap mug with the price tag still on it. I was thinking why couldn't the person bother to remove the price tag.. I never did secret Santa again lol!

20. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    One of the worst gifts you could give to me; a some kind of alcohol bottle.
    Some people just won't understand that I don't drink a all.

Also, I don't like cheap decorative items as they rarely compliment my house interiors. :D