"Bad" Movies You Like

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Mar 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Do you guys like "bad" movies? I do. This is one of my favorite guilty pleasures of all, which is to watch these so called bad movies. There is a certain type of this, of course, as some movies are just literally bad and not at all even amusing. Some of them, however, are hilariously bad that they become a lot more entertaining than some of the movies that are considered to be good but I mostly just find generic and boring. Some of the examples of my favorite "bad" movies are Street Fighter, Judge Dredd, and Batman & Robin. Watching these kind of make me wish that the entertainment industry was still open to making campy movies as opposed to generic and overly sanitized and politically correct ones, but I suppose the current lack of supply just makes the past ones all the more unique and I guess I could appreciate it for that.

So, how about you guys, any of you out there fans of any "bad" movies? Which are your biggest guilty pleasure movies? Ones that are regarded as bad by the masses but you can't help buy love.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I don't consider those bad movies, they are somewhat violent true, but it's pretty much common these days. I love that sort of action movies, something like Fast and Furious or Die Hard, those are my kind of movies. Violent true, but most movies these days involve guns and killing someone...

3. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    My friend forced me to watch Taylor Lautners' Abduction. Now I know it was not intended to be funny but it was so poor and the acting was at times cringe worthy. It made for hilarious viewing. We did not take it seriously at all, I think that is possibly one of the funniest non comedies I have seen.

4. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    A lot of movies that were translated from computer games are generally considered to be pretty bad - I however enjoy watching all the various references they make that rings a bell to those who have played the games - ie. Doom, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat. Resident Evil might be an exception - the first couple were alright.

5. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    One of the worst movies in terms of profit is Beer League. It happens to be one of my favorite movies. It stars Artie Lange and his slow pitch softball team. It is full of bad language and the most hilarious thing ever.

6. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I really love the movie Ever After, which is a romantic comedy that follows the storyline of Cinderella. It's really cheesy, has some bad acting, and a storyline that seems ridiculous to follow. For some reason this movie continues to be one of my favourites! I've liked it since I was a teenager, and continue to love it. It's such a sweet romance, and it has some really cute and funny moments.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, there are movies which are considered "bad" by the masses that I thought was pretty good. Like Die Hard 4, people say that it sucked and didn't feel like a Die Hard movie but I thought it rocked. I watched it five times. Then there is Superman 3 & 4 which were both touted as horrible which again I like. Spider-Man 3 sucked they say but I was thoroughly entertained by it.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I normally don't mind the critics much. If you were to read some reviews at rotten tomatoes, you'd definitely not want to watch some movies. Okay, so some 'experts' said the Twilight saga movies were atrocious. Fine the actors might have done a better job but I didn't find the movies to be as bad as those 'experts' said they would be.

Like I always say, it's a matter of taste. Watch it and see if you like it.

9. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have a guilty pleasure in watching the worst movie ever made. It's so awful but funny, ( it's supposed to be a horror movie). My kids watched it with me are just stared open mouthed like they couldn't believe anyone would make this movie let alone actually watch it. I am almost embarrassed to tell what it is. It's called "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". It is the most ridiculous, cheesy, terrible movie and I just love it. The plot is, well, not much to say really you can get the idea from the title, that pretty much sums it up.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Fast and the Furious. I mean its not really that bad in my opinion, but it is kinda of. But what I really like about this movie is that they somehow push on with the story instead of just moving on, which is fine, its Hollywood. The later movies, I didn't like as much as the once before it, because they show more of the action rather than the main thing that attracted me, which are sweet ass cars. The first films focus more on the racing theme and less on the action, but as the movie spawns sequels it became more of a Stallone kind of movie.