Baggage Allowance

Discussion in Travel started by Corzhens • Mar 12, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are airlines that sell tickets in bundle which includes baggage allowance. When going on a vacation, we realized that we don't need baggage allowance because we normally just have 1 bag for me and my husband. But when in coming back, we have 3 or 4 bags. Now, we do away with the baggage allowance in going and only avail of it when coming back. I was surprised that the baggage allowance costs more than $25 for the 2 of us.

2. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    What airlines or websites would you recommend that provide great allowances and bulk deals? I thought this was something that only agents could do.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the baggage allowance thing because I never travel light LOL I know about 20kg's usually the standard for long haul journeys, but sometimes I struggle with that. I remember once having to pay just under £200 for excess, and i wasn't best pleased. In all fairness, it wasn't all my stuff as most of it was presents for friends and family members. I've heard that American airlines offer about 30kg, why can't all airlines do that?!

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We are undergoing the same issue. We have recently bought tickets from the International Travel Network out of San Francisco, California. They come highly recommended. But I am concerned because on the ticket it shows we get 2 bags each on every leg of the journey EXCEPT the very last one. It doesn't show anything but one carry on! This is the most important part of my journey to have luggage. We are in the middle of contacting customer service now. The travel agent feels it will be the same all the way through, which would be the case if I didn't have to take our luggage off the plane. The last stop over is an airport that demands you take your luggage off for security reasons. All of this being said, I have had a friend who recently used this company and she was very happy. We saved $2,000.00 using them as opposed to going through a major airline. So even if we end up loosing our baggage it will still be worth it.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Just reading about all of that makes me feel a little better about my choice to drive up north instead of taking a one hour flight. My boyfriend and I haven't seen his family and we do have a lot of Christmas gifts to give them and we know we will be bringing a lot of stuff back down. It will be so worth it to just skip the ridiculous baggage fees. They are so pricey that I now only seek out airlines that offer free luggage.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually budget airlines will always charge and it's worth going on a scheduled airline if you have lots of luggage. I do find to have extra can be worth it if you book it in advance and some airlines let you use airmiles to pay for it. It's worth looking into if you know you will have excess luggage.