Baking Soda

Discussion in Product Reviews started by FlanneryCam • Aug 22, 2012.

1. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    I use a little baking soda with dishwashing liquid to clean my pots and pans. I also like to use it along with a bit of hydrogen peroxide to freshen breath and deodorize my mouth. I find the Family size of Arm and Hammer at Walmart is the cheapest.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw this graphic with a list of uses for baking soda and thought it was a good demonstration of how versatile baking soda is and why every household needs some.

5d31ffa267917909ad9b52b9e29c110b.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Baking soda can be used as shampoo? I certainly didn't know that. We only use baking soda to deodorize our ref, so I'm curious to try it as a shampoo. It would be weird shampooing your hair without the lather though.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Being soda is truly one of the most useful things you can buy.
    I personally use baking soda three times a week for my teeth, many people buy those whitening kits that can cost over fifty dollars while I just out some baking soda on my toothbrush and it does the same job for almost nothing when you compare how much money you are wasting.
    Baking soda is a must for any household in my opinion!

5. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I saw a video that baking soda can be used to whiten teeth. She used a strawberry, mashed it and mix a baking soda. She then used it to brush her teeth. The taste of the strawberry will sugarcoat the baking soda. But you can't use baking soda everyday. It can be used once every two weeks. If used too often, it can damage the normal coating of our teeth. It's a cheap way of having a whiter teeth.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I adopted a natural philosophy to living a few years ago and I have never looked back. I use natural salt deodorant, natural African black soap and I use baking soda for brushing my teeth.

Toothpaste is full of nasty chemicals and it will actually harm your teeth by stripping the natural enamel. Baking soda is all you need for healthy and clean teeth.

7. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    When I asked my dentist a while back about whitening my teeth by having it bleached she advised against it and recommended baking soda instead. She told me to place a pinch of it on my toothpaste when I brush my teeth twice a day. She told me it would take more than a month to see results but that this was the gentlest way to whiten teeth. It's inexpensive and does not make the teeth brittle like most whitening chemicals commonly used these days.

8. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I bought two boxes of baking soda yesterday.

Since I heard that baking soda eliminates odors and brightens smiles I wanted to give it a try. Normally after 4 days of cleaning my refrigerator thanks to my children :) I begin to smell unpleasant scents again. I was told to put an OPEN box baking soda inside of the fridge. It is suppose to eliminate the unpleasant smell. I will test this theory this week. Also, my mom is in her mid 50's and her teeth are still nice. She told me she uses baking soda and advises me to do so. She told me this years ago and I thought she was coocoo,lol. Here it is 10 or so years later and this womans teeth looks better than mine,lol. I will be starting this home remedy today as well. I hope it works for me.

O another thing for people who have cats. To help your liter last longer and to keep your home from smelling like the liter box :). Add baking soda and mix it into the cat liter. I've tried this. It helps.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I never really knew what baking soda was for lol. But my mom always used it to clean I have also heard of people using it for tooth paste too.

10. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    When I was very young, I got some sort of rash and it was so itchy. The doctor said to use it in a bathtub with lukewarm water. I have used it in a soak when more than one mosquito got me and it seemed to help too. Baking soda is a wonder like aspirin. I learned a lot from the posts and will definately try it in the kitty litter and on the carpet before vacuuming. Great reading this thread!