Banking if your a military family member

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by illusion • Oct 27, 2013.

1. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I'm a former soldier, and when I joined someone told me that I should start banking with USAA. For those that don't know USAA is a financial institution that limits it's membership to those that have served in the military or are family members of someone who has served. I have never had a better banking experience than USAA. They're based out of TX, but you don't need to physically go to the bank to work with them. If you use an ATM from another bank, they'll reimburse you the ATM fees at the end of the month. You can deposit checks using a home scanner, or send them in the mail with a pre-paid envelop they'll provide you with. I also use their online bill pay, there's no extra fees for using it and they send out all the bills to who ever you tell them to, which saves you a few Stamps. I suggest that if you are related to a service member or are one and have never tried USAA you should give it a shot. They also do insurance, and no company I've spoken with has been able to beat their prices for my car insurance.