Bargain

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 2, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    How far would you go to shop for good finds and deals? I have a friend who would go annually to Bangkok, Hong Kong and the Philippines to shop for great bargains. What about you?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I normally wouldn't go to far to find a sale. Sometimes traveling to other countries just for a sale just seems ridiculous to me. Maybe I am just lazy, but it is too much work(haha).
    I personally only stay up a little bit later to watch for a sale online but physically going somewhere is not some thing I usually go for.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Leaving the country for a sale only makes sense if you have another reason to leave the country. My mother buys cheap things whenever she goes to visit my grandmother, but otherwise, the savings would not be worth the cost of the travel.

I know some ladies who make an annual trip to Pennsylvania (from New York... not super far but far enough that you have to make a day event out of it) to get bargains at outlet stores. I think for them it's just more an excuse to take a day off, leave the kids with their dads and hang out. If it were just me by myself, though, there's no way I'd get on a bus or drive for three or four hours just to catch a sale.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you sure that she leaves the country specifically to look for bargains, or that's only secondary to her main purpose of going abroad? Anyway, I just look for bargains in malls, online stores and of course during those 3 day sales. In Ebay you can get a good bargain if the item was for auction and you aren't outbid.