Bathing and/or showering frequency?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Lostvalleyguy • May 21, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Rarely if ever would a day go by when I haven't taken a shower or bathed in some way. The exceptions might be when camping or when the hot water in my building is not working for some reason (at which point I will often heat water to wash my hair etc). I am not one to hop into the shower first thing in the morning. I usually am out for exercise between breakfast and lunch so I delay my shower until after the exercise is done. If it is very hot or my morning requires a meeting, I will often end up hitting the shower several times in a day. While I like to be clean, I end up using more hot water than I should and I know it isn't the best thing for the skin.

Do you shower or bathe daily? Do you need to? Would you do so several time in one day?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a hot country, so I usually have a shower in the morning and often a warm bath in the evening to relax. As my favourite exercise is swimming, and I am fortunate enough to have a beautiful lake nearby, I don't need to worry too much about wasting water. I feel clean and fresh without soap and shampoo after spending half an hour in the lake. Also my skin remains moist and balanced, whereas hot water and soap tends to make it too dry.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I think bathing twice a day is enough for everyone, unless you work in a field that requires you to get dirty. I shower once in the morning after I am done doing my daily workouts. I then go to work and come home and shower again.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shower daily, definitely. I very rarely don't shower in a day, only if I had to spend the whole day out and got home extremely exhausted. Then I allow myself to just throw myself in my bed and sleep, leaving the shower for the next day.

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I shower every day. There is not a day that goes by that I don't shower. Some days I may even soak in the huge tub just to relax my bones. I can't imagine going a day without washing my body, not even for camping. I won't stay anywhere that doesn't have showers available.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I shower daily. Rarely I will go a day without showering, but never when the weather is hot or if I went to the gym. I prefer a shower over a bath because I have a short attention span and I get bored in the bath and feel like I am wasting time.

7. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I shower every day, sometimes twice, depending on my activity level. I shower more frequently in the summer because I sweat more.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I shower every night, right before I go to sleep, especially when it's hot or when I went out. Rarely, when the weather is cold and I didn't go out, instead I just stayed all day at home. Moreover, I bathe before I go out of the house to attend to school and to job. But when it's really cold, I don't. During the summer season, I bathe as often as I feel the urge to do so, when it gets really really hot.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would at least shower every other day. You don't have to shower every day if you're not going out and getting dirty or anything. I know it's gross in theory but no one would know the difference if it's a day or maybe even a couple days. It's just a waste of water and time to me. Plus I don't care what people think anyway. It's all about how it feels to myself. However, now that it's summer I make a point to shower every day unless of course I'm being lazy and don't feel like going anywhere that day.
    It really just depends on what you are doing and what the weather is like.
    I am completely opposite with washing my hands though. My hands are gonna end up like my mom's because I wash them every chance I get.

#9May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  10. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    There's really nothing that feels as good as a refreshing shower when you need to cool off. I have gone without a daily shower when camping though. Just washed my face and cleaned myself up as good as possible. That's part of the whole roughing it experience I guess. I like to take a hot bath whenever I can as well, just to relax the tension away.

11. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I shower everyday and usually at night before I go to bed because I always can't sleep well if I didn't have a shower before. I'd like to shower twice a day but it is almost impossible nowadays as my husband leaves to work early in the morning and there is no way I can take shower without taking my young baby with me in the bathroom :D

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I shower twice a day, once right when I get up and once before I got to bed. I have to shower or else I will be itchy all day and develop a rash, so I think that it is definitely a must for me to do. I actually end up using a lot of hot water as well, though I've recently been regulating it to get a cooler water rush because of the high temperatures lately :(

13. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I do twice. In the morning before I go to work and in the evening right after work. I work in the field and there is a lot of activities involved during the day so I just have to take a bath after work to cool down. In the morning is because of my morning workout I would not want to go work all sweaty.

14. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I shower twice a week. I take baths on most days. But here's the thing.. I do this because I add salts into the bath water and rarely use shampoo/soap in the bath I use those in the shower. Not a good idea to use harsh products too often.

Adding salt to your water is good for your body. Absorbs toxins from you. I recommend it.

15. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Taking a bath is a necessity for me, and I have to do it at least once a day. It does not matter whether the place is cold or hot, it's just a basic part of my daily hygiene. I also don't like it when I went out of the house and I don't take a bath when I get home. I think it's equivalent to you bringing in outside dirt into your house.

Also, it has to be full shower for me all the time. I don't like the idea of just washing your hair or your body. When I take a bath, it has to be a full bath.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I shower once a day but I may shower twice if the weather is extremely hot and I've been perspiring all day. I don't really do it this way for any other reason than I've grown used to it and I'm usually a bit too lazy to shower at night after a long day of work, especially since that only wakes me up again whereas I try very hard to get sleepy enough at night to fall asleep on time. I shampoo only every other day, though, because I'm afraid it will wear my hair down faster and I don't feel I need to shampoo that frequently anyway.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I don't shower daily.

I usually shower every other day. Sometimes I might go a third day, but that's rare. I don't feel the need to shower daily because I work at home and don't really get that dirty. I could probably go without showering more often even, but I just prefer being able to wash my hair and rinse off every couple days.

18. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on my activity level that day. If I work out that day or find myself working in a bunch outside, i'll shower multiple times. But no matter what, unless i'm camping or something, I take a shower everyday. It's how I start my day in the morning and I just don't feel right all day if I don't shower.