Battery Charger (rechargeable Batteries)

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by thisnthat • May 4, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Which do you think is the better value? Is it better to buy cheap batteries and replace them as needed or over time would it actually be more economical to buy a battery charger and some rechargeable batteries?

I guess it kind of depends on the situation and the type(s) of batteries you use most often. When our kids were little, we went through tons of AA batteries for their toys and stuff. We decided to get rechargeable. I can't recall the exact numbers, but it worked out for the better at the time.

I forgot all about that, but now that the grandkids have lots of toys that need batteries, it might be worthwhile.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    As you have said it depends on the toys or battery-operated gadgets for the type or kind of battery that you are going to use. Before I was using cheap batteries. To my dismay, they didn't last long especially when the toys are heavily played or used by our kids. Thus, for a day or two, I had to buy another set of batteries for their toys. I had no other choice for there was no chargeable batteries at that time.

Nowadays, I don't have worry anymore. Though I spend much for that chargeable batteries but they're worth doing so rather than buying batteries and bet another one if they're running out of energy.

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to go for rechargeable batteries as I think it will eventually save more money unless we only need to use the batteries once. Moreover, it helps to save the environment by not producing so much batteries as they contain toxic heavy metals.

I read that some cheap batteries might cause fire too, perhaps those did not pass the safety tests.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I remember during my younger years I would always play the Game Boy and listen to the Walkman, and I had to buy a lot of batteries quite often. I think in the long run you will save a lot of money by just using a rechargeable battery, so even if it's a bit pricey than just buying a battery, it will spare you the cost of buying new batteries every now and then.

5. trea

treaNew Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat If it’s for kiddie toys, you’ll definitely save more if it’s rechargeable because kids have the tendency to continuously play with their toys until they stop working.

But remember to mark your batteries to avoid mixing up the old and new ones. Also, hope that the kids don’t start throwing the batteries everywhere because you’ll have to buy a new set if that happens (which will cost you more). And lastly, make sure to buy high quality rechargeable batteries. I tried buying non-branded rechargeable batteries before and they didn’t last long, so I ended up wasting more money.

On the other hand, if you’re going to use the batteries for your clock or your TV’s remote, then a regular battery will suffice.

#5May 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  6. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    First of all,it depends on ones geographical area.There are people who live in remote areas where access to electricity is unavailable.These will of course go with the cheap batteries readily available and replace them when they get depleted.However,this is expensive considering that in order to save you have to limit yourself in the replacable's batteries usage.

I would go with the more economical rechargeable battery.This is because its long lasting and ensures you do not miss a thing maybe if you use it to listen to radio.Recharging is far much better than total replacement.It saves alot and I would recommend the rechargeable battery.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The batteries of my digital camera are more than 3 years old. My charger is expensive but good in preserving the batteries. If I would buy new batteries instead of recharging, I cannot imagine the expense but certainly it is a waste of money. By the way, rechargeable batteries are also expensive but it is worth the cost in the long run.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    We have a battery recharger and some rechargeable batteries which we use it for remote, torches clocks and other things. The thing is they are not lasting longer than I thought it would.