BB Cream

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by themotleyshopper • Apr 12, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I've been noticing many people mentioning the use of BB Creams and I had no idea what they were. I decided to do a little research and wanted to share the information I found. I figure it might be helpful for those un-informed bath and body addicts like myself :)

A BB cream is a beauty balm. According to Wikipedia:" BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock".

This sounds awesome! The fact that I could essentially clean off my bathroom counter and use one product instead of multiple products, makes a BB Cream very appealing. Another added benefit: You end up saving money! Instead of purchasing a variety of skin care regimens, you'd need only one.

They are touted as the "new" up and coming beauty product, but BB Creams have been formulated and sold in Asia for years. I'm not sure why I'm just now hearing about them, but stores like Sephora have a huge selection. I like Sephora for the fact that customers can rate the product and give you an idea on how well it functions. Hope this helps :)

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you can thank youtube for the fad. Beauty trends spread like wildfire on there, then suddenly it's in all the stores. Anyway, I've never used a BB cream. I've thought about it, but every time I look into real reviews from people that use them, I don't see anything overly great about them. I might look into it again though. Since the fad started, they've reformulated some brands and I'm curious to see if they've made any changes I'm interested in.

3. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I agree, it does seem like there are always beauty trends..sort of like fad diets :) I think we're so eager to look younger, feel younger, that when an "amazing new" skin product comes out, it's easy to be swayed. I have learned to be cautious about what I purchase, but I would like to try a BB cream.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too.. please update when you try one :)

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information. I have been looking into this myself lately. I think I would be willing to make the transition to using a BB cream instead of foundation if I could find the right product. I need a very fair shade. I tried a sample a the Garnier BB cream and it was a little orange on my skin.

But I do like the idea of minimizing the amount of product you need. I also look for products with SPF. In a way, it is a more frugal option but it combines so many products into one. But that is only if it is effective of course. I just feel like this is actually doing something good for your skin versus foundation which just hides flaws but doesn't improve or protect your skin necessarily.

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I've seen the results fast to my skin when I started using this cream. It's more soft and supple now. Plus it does highlight the makeup that I wear and it makes it stay long on my face. :)

7. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! I absolutely love BB cream! Even though many use them as a moisturizer and primer, I still use both before applying my BB cream since I have such dry skin, but I love that it can replace my foundation and concealer! I've always hated using foundation so BB creams are perfect for me :) I am still having fun experimenting with others even though I have found one I love!

8. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Girls, can you please mention the brand/s you are using? I am familiar with BB cream because of its popularity but honestly, I have not tried one. I am still happy with my foundation and till the last drop of it, I will not buy a new one. BUT!! I just saw this morning that it is about to finish and now I am contemplating on buying a BB cream rather an old-school foundation. Though, as to what I mentioned, the one I am currently using gives great results, I also am intrigued of other products in the market. And BB cream got my interest. However, I still have to learn which brand is good, and which fits my budget. Any suggestions?